Power Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i paint power weapons on space marines blue, is this right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

you can paint a power weapon anyway you prefer it to look, just as long as it looks different from a normal weapon, I prefer to use blue ink on it as this gives a nice shine on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I have found that Tamiya Clear paints make excellent glazes for power, daemonic, etc. weapons. Here is an example of what I have done:

I started off with a base of gunmetal grey. To this I painted over it with a mix of gunmetal and Tamiya clear green. After this had dried I went over it again with just Tamiya clear green until I had a nice deep dark green. Once this was dry I mixed flat green (model color) with ivory (model color) until I had a nice pale green tint. I then went over the tip of the blade as well as all the raised flame areas. This produced a sharp contrast. Next I went over the whole blade with tamiya clear yellow, followed by thinned down tamiya clear blue, red and finally green.

I repeated the highlighting with the pale green and went over it again with tamiya clear yellow and then green until I left only a few trace hints of the red and blue in the blade. They don't show up in the picture but add an interesting depth to the blade.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, well i been using green glitter ink, and it looks like dirt, so where you get these tamaya clear paints, and would vallejo glazez be basicly the same thing????
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go for Tamiya clear paint, blue glaze over a siver weapon gives it a nice look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

You can pick up the Tamiya Clear paints at any model railroad store and most hobby stores. They are definitely different than the vallejo paints. They are much more viscous.

Here is a link to the manufacturer site: Tamiya's Website

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what ive done in the past is start of with midnight blue. Around the edges i painted regal blue and finally ultramarines with a 50/50 of chaos black. Then i made lightning coming down with enchanted blue, ice blue in the middle and finally white.

Then i inked it ( watered down) with blue ink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For power weapons or any other really powerful weapon that isn't a fist, I make it black, then dry brush over most of it. So areas I make more black/red then others, so it kinda looks like the weapon has lava or something like that coursing through it. I will probably show a picture of my Emperor's Champion soon, so you can see what that looks like.
    "Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor."
    Oliver Wendall Holmes

"Your mother's chest hair!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

OFF TOPIC:

Originally posted by slorak@Jan 18 2005, 16:59

That's a sweet mini my friend (Y) i!!!

wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Thanks!

Unfortunately that isn't the best angle for it - as I was illustrating the demon weapon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast