Space Marine Drop Pods... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I just thought I'd see what the popular opinion was on Drop Pod conversions....it's 'one of those things' I will do someday soon, just need to get round to it.

Now I don't know about you, but Im reluctant to shell out the cash for a Forgeworld one, and we've all seen the available cut outs from the net. However, I started making a cardboard one using the pdf, and I realised it will never feel right with me. Models should be clunky, plastic or metal, they should be able to be picked up without fear of the pressure of your hands denting them, and not be worried in case a draft blows them off the table. Yes, Im stuck in my ways that way.

With this in mind, I've decided to make some, so I was wondering what other people used/found successful (And cheap). I've got a good idea for converting a small CD rack I have into one (Don't ask), but I thought if anyone else had anything better they might want to share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Hehe, I agree with you that models and scenery should be clunky things of plastic and balsa, not card

I've seen people make them out of upturned plastic flowerpots, and then decorated with plasticard "verticals", and a weapon on top. simple as that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the search option for the drop pod template but it didnt show up so could someone tell me an adress as to where i can find a good template
    The Holy Bolter

998. model bolter: Godwyn pattern with ammo counter, sinister/dexter lock mechanism and sickle magazine with 30 rounds of .75 calibre bolts with diamantine tips, depleted deuterium core & mass reactive detonators. Fires in 4 round bursts.

"A bolter is a treasured weapon; but in the hands of a Space Marine it is a divine instrument of the Emperor's wrath"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Heres a template place.

http://www.grottoazura.com/WargamingGoodie...0Drop%20Pod.zip

Still wanting to know if anyones actually made their drop pod?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just use soda cans as drop pods...... im so lazy. :closedeyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not use the template for plasticard, then add icons on so it isnt flat sided.

+ Reply to Thread