Purple/white Sob Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I used to play 40k about 15yrs ago and had an eldar army.

I've just started supervising a WH, 40k & LotR club after school where I work, and I'm getting itchy fingers, so figured I might get back into it.
    I sold my eldar army a long time ago. and have been looking for some cool armies, and am thinking I will probably go for a Witchhunter army.
    I've been thinking about colour schemes, and I think I'm going to go for white armour and purple robes. The way I see it, I can build up some nice fluff about a really ecclesiastical force, and the purple is a good colour for that... Trouble is, I always had trouble painting purple with my old eldar army.

Anyone got any tips?
    Anyone got any pics of a purple/white Sister of Battle?

Order of The Ivory Dagger. Basic Fluff or for the adventurous Detailed Fluff (as fiction).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I have had nice results recently painting purple on a Soul Drinker armor. I started with vallejo Game color Royal Purple, highlighted by mixing an ivory or bone to the purple, and then re-glazing it with purple ink to recapture the vibrancy in the purple. If you take your highlights to an extreme blend and reglaze you will still see the color transition while still keeping a rich color.

cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this for my SM Chapter. Base coat of Liche Purple then 'blackwash' with GW Blue Ink + a touch (very little) of GW Black Ink. Highlight w/ straight Liche Purple. On characters, highlight further with Liche Purple/Tentacle Pink (80/20).

Looks great with either Skull White trim or Bleached Bone trim (not both, pick one and stick to it) for robes helms etc.. (or reverse in your case, misread post, thought you were painting Eldar) :rolleyes:

Add a lil' Regal Blue to any Chaos Black for accoutrements/gear/weapons, highlight them w/ Shadow Grey (stops them dissapearing, becoming featureless blobs).

Green gems/gunsights.

+ Reply to Thread