Death Korps Hardened Veterans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Many of you know that I have a Death Korps army converted from Steel Legion Minis.
    I will be adding a squad of Hardened Veterans to my army soon. My problem is that I don't know how to make them. I want to make them clearly recognizable from the regular guardsmen but I also want them to fit the Death Korps fluff and fit in with the army...

I need some ideas... help me out here, fellas... give me a brainstorm...

"We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

give them all different backpacks from the necromunda range as this will individualise each model and add to the vetern image as each vet has his own prefrences and experiences, yuo can also add small trophys from the different races and attach these to the models
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i remember Death Korp uniforms are pretty bland aren't they? Just a tan colour? How about giving them a more eccentric feel, maybe bring a little more colour into their uniforms.

Or use a symbol such as the deathshead (German Totenkopf, thespeeling is probably wrong)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've written up any fluff for the army, that could help you find out what to do. Where are they fighting? Where have they been fighting before? Any xeno encounters, or chaos?

Here are a list of possible themes:

-an all helmetless squad. Would make quite a contrast to the other masked troopers. It's quite fluffy too, veteran death korp'ers seeking death, but never finding it. They do not care to wear helmets anymore, because they long for death, and have grown increasingly careless of their own safety.

-troophies from a specific enemy they've fought.

-Rewarded. The squad has been rewarded for previous heroic acts, displaying their gifts with pride. This could be anything from shiny silver lasguns, gold medals, purity seals, clothing, fancy swords etc.

-Crippled. Some of the veterans have bionical replacements for some of their limbs.

-Different colouring. These might be rewarded with white coats(or pelts). Or their coats might have a small white stripe along the bottom of their coats. Silver helmets.

-From a different Death Corps regiment. They could be one of the last remaining squads of an almost utterly destroyed regiment, assimilated into yours. They therefore have a slightly different colorscheme, but they hold your theme buy having the same spiked skull helmets and blue googles.

That should help..
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One suggestion I have recently seen is to use helmeted Valhallans as the hardened vets for Death Korps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give them all auto guns from the necromunda range.

+ Reply to Thread