Librarium Online Forums banner

Star Wars: Imperial Assult

4K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  Zentradi 
#1 ·
Hi, I decided to paint up the models for this game. They are not the same as quality as GW models. The plastic is quite soft, and everything come assembled with some really bad mouldlines. So I decided to speed up the phase on them (also I don´t want to work forever on them, I already do that on my Eldar army...)

I also skipped the bases for three reasons, first is to save time, second is that I don't want to cut the model from the base (hey are moulded to the base) and last is because the game is played on a board with different terrain on different tiles, I wanted discrete bases for that reason.

This is the start
Toy Team Squad Crew Collectable

Sculpture Artifact Art Body jewelry Jewellery

See less See more
#3 ·
The game is a like a dugon crawler. You play up to for heros as a group vs the one how play the empire. The campaign mode is scenario bases and both the hero and the empire players get exp from etch game. Then you play different a scenario depending on how won the last. It is a lot like Descent, but I like the rules better in imperial assault.

There is also a skirmish mode for 1v1. It's quite fun, and a easy way to introduce someone to war games. It's feels more like a board game hybrid compared to other skirmish games.

#5 ·
The droids is primed with black, then I sprayed them gray from the top so I got som shade. Then I painted them silver, like a dry-brush with more paint on the brush. Afther that I used a black wash. Next a dry brush with silver. Then sepia glaze I keep this thin and more controlled compares to the black wash. Last I used some silver lines for the extreme reflections.

#10 ·
Thank you. The models are quite well sculptured and they have made them look like they do in the movie. The moulding is a bit worse, especially on the officers, they had some really really bad mouldlines.

I have painted a few more and soon all the imperial models are finished.

The stormtrooper commander
Arm Toy Human body Armour Machine gun

Some heavy stormtrooper, I converted the weapons a bit as they looked really bad. Now I was trying to make them look like T-21s.
Toy Collectable Event Metal Action figure

#13 ·
Depending on the size of those bases, you could probably keep them black, and then buy the colored rubber bands that they sell for BloodBowl gamers to mark skills. You can pick up tons of those bands for a (reasonably) cheap cost at sites like MeikoMiniatures and such. That way, when the models are on display, they're all uniformly black, and when they're on the table for games, they've got nice descriptors. Would also help save you models, so that you don't need 2 Storm Troopers, 1 Elite, 1 Normal. You'd just need 1 guy, and you could add/remove the ring based on what he's "playing as" for the day.

So, the game is on a board? No tapes and free-moving?
Also, it's 4 Players against 1 Player, and there's a 1v1 Skirmish mode for wargaming? That sounds pretty cool.

#14 ·
The rubber band sounds like a good idea. Still there are some restrictions about the elit and normal units. For example in the campaign mode you can only have one unit of 3 models as elite and only two units of 3 models as normal at the same time.

Yes the game is quite flexible, 1v1 in skirmish or 1v2, 1v3 or 1v4 in campaign. It's on a board that is built from different sized puzzle pieces, so you use different maps on different missions. You don't measure with tejp, there is a squares on the board. I enjoy the campaign allot.

#20 ·
Those are looking great Zent. The glow effect of Dark Vader is fantastic and the metal work throughout is great as well. (maybe a little jealous, ok a lot.)

MY Favourites are the Tuskan raiders though. The models are just awesome and Inspiring me to make one at 54mm :D

#21 ·
Thanks!

Yes the raiders have quite good models. They don feel as static as some of the other models because of the cloths. Also I'm quite impressed with the characters form the film, the poses looks like some of the screen shoots from the actual film. Luke have about the same pose as he have in the death star, right before he and Leia sing over the ledge in the first film. Han looks close to the pose he have when he try to shoot Vader in the second film in cloud city.

#22 ·
Deffinately going to buy these. They look better than the old wizards of the coast minis. And despite the quality of the plastic, you seem to have done a great job. My only critique would be the imperial officer, the elite maybe should have been painted with a different rank insignia.. From what I could see, they were all the same.

Otherwise, great job.

#23 ·
I have heard that the quality is about the same as WoC, but I have not seen them live. As for the grades. The plate was to smal fo different grades, and I was to lazy to green stuff the elite officer. I can recommend the game, it's fun and you don't have to bee a war gamer to like it.

#24 ·
Ignore bezel.. I have returned...

By same quality, you mean to say that the minis are super-flexible, and as a result are bent to distortion not wanting to return to normal?

As for the rank. On the chest, the number of red and blue pubs, denotes rank. More red. Higher rank.

#26 ·
The last hero from the starting box.
Arm Toy Machine gun Military person Shotgun

The At-St, included in the starting box
Toy Headgear Armour Personal protective equipment Art

The main evil guy, General Weiss
Military robot Toy Mecha Lego Machine gun

Last the Bantha rider
Body jewelry Artifact Art Font Jewellery

This is all the models and expansions for the stating box and the twin shadow expansion. I probably get the Return to hoth expansion later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.