Frame And Tin Foil - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an idea for making terrain. First you would build a frame out of just about anything or something similar. After the frame, you would coat it with with tin foil in the shape of rocks, a building, or anything that you want. I think that this might be a cheap and easy way to build terrain. Has anyone tried anything like this before? If so, please tell me how it worked out.

Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with tin foil is that things don't stick to it well. Also it remains flexible, so if anyone ever puts a little pressure on the terrain it will wrinkle and crack. You're much better off using paper mache. It's cheaper, dries hard, and easier to sculpt. The next step up is plaster impregnated wraps, available from model railroad stores.

I've used tin foil on small terrain items, mainly craters, but it is tightly compressed and leaves little for more flexing. Also I use a solvent based spray primer (auto primer) for the tin foil before painting. I've also used lead foil for damaged vehicle panels and parts.

+ Reply to Thread