Paint Schmears - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint Schmears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished my squad of Guardsmen a little wile ago a saw that when i paint some areas are different shades that others, even though i used the same color. How do i get a solid color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sounds to me like you have varying thicknesses to your paints. Did you paint some bits with watered down paint and other bits straight from the paint pot? I'd recommend going over the lighter shades with some more watered down paint until the intensity starts to even out.
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

As stated above go over with more layers. It is best to use thin paints and use multiple layers rather than 1 thick coat. Also some colors are more naturally translucent than others. Those definitly take more than 1 coat.

Also if you are starting out with a dark primer such as black - take a lighter color or even white and paint that down under the areas that aren't covering very well first and then put the color down. That will help with an even look to the paint.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Originally posted by Wookie@Feb 14 2005, 074
    Sounds to me like you have varying thicknesses to your paints. Did you paint some bits with watered down paint and other bits straight from the paint pot? I'd recommend going over the lighter shades with some more watered down paint until the intensity starts to even out.
    [snapback]328481[/snapback]
    Or perhaps the brush was loaded with water sometimes.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

+ Reply to Thread