Trucks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

after seeing Band of Brothers again, I wondered about their transports.
    Sometimes, they ride in 5t trucks, not necessarily open topped, but some are.

Do you think it's workable to make those yourself? And would they be legal, at all?
    Maybe something like the German halftrack vehicles could do. But I looked into the ork one, which turned out to be too small and too crooked.

Does anybody have any suggestions, either to create one from scratch or use some sort of model as a base?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing this thread didn't warrant me to post one of my own so. . .

I was looking for help on this same subject as well, but I need ideas and help with scratch built Ork vehicles.

As for whether or not it is legal, I believe so. If your afraid someone might have a problem with them, you could just ask your opponent if they mind if you use your own scratch built vehicles before you play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that anyone will have a problem exept money obbessed GW staff
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know of some shop who sell modelkits of WWII vehicles. i think the company is called Revell, maybe that&#39;s an idea... or do they only make aeroplanes? well anyway, it&#39;s a german company....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually a whole mountain of companies make models of WWII equiptment. And the German Hanomag (Half-Track) has about ten or fifteen different models available. Ranging from 15-30 bucks.

They&#39;re about the right size for transports and are of a basic enough shape to be pretty interesting. Most of the kits also come with a few infantry and a load of parts you can pirate for other vehicles, and infantry.

And I think a scratch-built model should go over well if you ask the person your playing, only at a GW tournament will they squawk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the company is called Revell
    it&#39;s indeed revell and I have some of those kits too. you can have them arraging from 10 cm to 50 cm and they look almost the same.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then what size would I need for WH mini&#39;s?
    I&#39;m kinda annoyed by the fact that I keep forgetting the WH scale. Sorry people

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I recently built a German Hanomag 251/f from Tamyia. They make the best WWII models so I recommend going with them.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remeber 1/35 scale models are in scale with the infantry and 1/48 scale is in scale with the other WH40K vehicles.

So if you want your troops to seem in scale with the vehicles 1/35 is the best thing to go for, also it&#39;s a heck of a lot more common than 1/48th scale. Although the SDKFZ 250 is pretty small so it should be about the same size as any other transports in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The advantage is that a revell vehichle at wk size is like 3 times as cheap. There are several building kits and I have glued them when I was a kid of like 7 years go for revell everythign fits. Dont take the japanese things I often had problem that it didn&#39;t fit that good and the whole model was screwed.

(German stuff is the best imo and no im not a german)

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast