City Terrain/ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use polystyrene roof tiles and Very sharpe craftknives to make my terrain, u can make a really decent buildings in under 4 hours, with the correct glue, but i cant find paint that doesnt melt it.

ork terrain isnt hard at all to do, u dont even have to be good, if mad a building a few weeks ago and i calved a whole staircase out, and they were very orky looking what with the stairs all uneven.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds quite easy to make and it isnt too time consuming so i might try to make some
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use polystyrene roof tiles and Very sharpe craftknives to make my terrain, u can make a really decent buildings in under 4 hours, with the correct glue, but i cant find paint that doesnt melt it.
    First of all, what type of paint do you use?
    And a tip if you use paint with solvents in them(solvents as in acetone etc), try to cover the polystyrene surfaces with filler or at least something that stops the paint from getting in contact with the polystyrene.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made arecaty bunkr a few weeks back, and when i sprayed it chaos black it look like a bomb had been dropped on it, maybe it would look nice if i paint it with soemthing else first before i paint it black, if when spraying it u do it lightly all over but not concentrated it doesnt always melt the polystyrene,but i really need a method of painting, not to mention m budget is really low (i can get 20 sheets of polystyrene 30cm by 30cm for 5 pounds which means u cant really go wrong, and at the end of it u end up with ltos of small bits of the stuff in blocks and long bits and so forth, and u can glue them all together to make debis).

if this helps so u dont waste any?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try coating your poly. in PVA glue, this should help because i had the same problem.

After the glue coat it was fine (And also a little shiny&#33
    Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just paint my terrain with black Latex House paint...... first with a watered down wash, then with a regular coat.

EDIT I just posted my first ever (And only only so far) piece of terrain in the gallery..... take a look and tell me what you think

Closed Thread