Cardboard Kingdom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:mellow: Hi, Everybody. I need some help...

I've been making cardboard city ruins lately. I currently cannot afford ant professional scenery(no job, too busy with school ) anyways, I consider myself descent at actually making the terrain, however I cannot figure out how to paint it to look like actual GW scenery. I know its possible... I've seen it done, but I can't seem to. I have a city fight campaign coming up this spring and I need to build about 15 or so ruined buildings. I do not want them to look crappy at all.

I can see it now... "Charge!" says Space Marine 1. "Roger that!" replies Space Marine 2. " :blink: What the?!?!!... Are those necrons hiding in a cardboard buiding?!?!?!" says SM 1. " :lol: Wahahahahhah, what losers!!!!!" screams SM 2. The Necrons immediately begin to cry deep tears of pain.... :hmm:

What I need is a quick and easy way to paint these ruins realistically.

Any tips? :mellow:

Anything that has been said above must be immediately

disregarded, as the high level of stupidity contained in every

word may cause you to drool on your computer thus causing

your own demise...

you know water+electricity= dead...-ness. :mellow:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest way would be to get some gray and black spray paint/primer and just use that. Pick whichever color you want to be dominant, and spray that thick over everything, then just sort of "mist" the other color over the the whole piece again. I was surprised, as this method actually came out half decent for absolutely no effort.

After that you can just print out the signs/posters PDF and glue those over some of the walls for a bit more detail.

Here's a link for pictures in case you don't get what I'm saying:

Comm Bunker
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be much easier than drybrushing the whole thing, and quicker. I never thought of that.

You could paint the darker grey and then drybrush the lighter, but like I said, the spray method is probably better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also get some of the speckle spray paint from home depot or craft stores like Michael's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Instead of Cardboard, you might also want to consider Foamcore. It's cheap (one sheet costs a little over a dollar and can make 4-5 6x6 bunkers (or more, if you plan perfectly). Even better, it's got its own fill (the foam) so you don't have to plug any gaps. Just make sure you give any exposed foam a wash of watered down PVA/White glue (Masking Tape works well too!) before you spraypaint, or it'll melt and release deadly toxins into the air.

+ Reply to Thread