Heres A Difficult One....... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I saw this picture on the GW site and it is amazing! how did they do the lighting effects from the flamers on the dreadnought?? if you have any Idea, please tell me. It has inspired me to do one myself......

PICTURE

**Life is an undefined equation**

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

--- Albert Einstein

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

It's all a matter of having a keen sense of what parts of the model would recieve a lighted 'glare' from the fire, and what parts wouldn't, and then drybrushing creatively.

To illustrate, I'll link you to Undeadair's Necron Lord which use a similar lighting effect (except green) to great effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooooh, ok! I need to drybrush in the areas that should have glare reflected on it! i could look at some pictures of campfires and stuff to get a rough idea of how to acheive this. thanks alot!
    **Life is an undefined equation**

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

--- Albert Einstein

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what i do is while the plastic is still grey, i shine a flashlight (LED) on the model in the direction of the light i want take a digital pic ,with out flash, and then i paint the lighted areas with a lighter paint and darker with darker, this works well for flames cause the lighted parts are white, semi lighted is orange and no light is deep or reddish orange,

hope i helped

Sp3cToR
    -{ ItS nOt ThE eNd ThAt I fEaR wItH eAcH bReAtH }-
    ------{ ItS lIfE tHaT sCaReS mE tO dEaTh }------

---==={\}[ Sp3cToR ]{/}===---
    UNS33n...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recommend drybrushing it, it makes it too dusty and there's less control. It's good for a less good-looking, quicker job.

The way that guy did it is he/she had to know where the light would hit, and then carefully paint all those areas, with blending. That probably took forever.

There's one webpage that has some lighted figures. Check that one out. It's called the Miniature Space, by Jason Richards.

http://www.miniaturespace.net/illumination_gallery.htm

That's his gallery of illuminated figs.

:0)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to point out that those models were a Golden Daemon entry from Victoria Lamb, winning GD Oz I believe. That's why it looks so incredible, she spent an unholy amount of time on that thing.
    <span style='color:#FF00F0'>i believe the sun also rises
    dries our tears
    bringing the blue skies of day</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet model
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>THE REAL SHADOW ELF IS HERE&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The tyranids will rip you to peices as soon as they rip your friends</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Victoria seriously kicks some painting ass. I love her orc unit "squabble". :wub:

+ Reply to Thread