Assembling And Painting My First Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought the new commander box set, it has lots of stuff :wub:
    i have never painted or assembled a mini so keep that in mind
    the commander is for my iron hands
    he will have a power weapon and bolt pistol
    I have red gore, bleached bone, boltgun metal, chainmail, and black, i also have GS
    The two things that worry me the most are getting the little nubs that the sprue leaves on the parts off cleanly and if how to paint the iron hand insignia or his shoulder, i will also model some purity seals, will my gore red be good for the wax part of the seal?

give me all the tips advice and painting techniques you know

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may help you. Basic Miniature Assembly

Decals

From GW: Miniature Assembly

Freehand Decals

Any red, or whatever color you like, will make a good color for seals. It depends on what you like. There are no rules about how you paint your miniature, so whatever looks good to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I am sure you will find everything you need in the link already provided but I thought I would add my $.02 as well.

Plastic is the easiest to "prep" for painting. You definitely want to get some flat edged clips to trip the pieces from the sprue. You will also find an exacto knife is great for getting rid of the flash. Just scrape it gently down the seam until the flash is no longer visible.

Lastly plastic cement is excellent for plastics. It is pretty much a permanent bond and it fills small gaps well enough to blend into the figure (such as arm and waist joints) Once primed they will be pretty much seamless.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything worth saying has already been stated by the awesome Wolfraider, but I have a very effective tip for models you aren't familiar with. Get some sticky tac and pose him first. Then from there you can better plan your bonds. Remember not to use too much glue. The first vehicle I ever did caused tears to come out of my eyes and my nose to start running viciously. Be sensible and you'll be more than fine.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I think it'd be best to practise on a box of troops if you want to make the commander something special.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CBrate@Mar 21 2005, 20:39
    I think it'd be best to practise on a box of troops if you want to make the commander something special.
    [snapback]358110[/snapback]
    i agree, the reason i was asking about my commander is because my game store did not have any iron hand tac squads, i found out later they nolonger make them so i will pick up some normal marines and order the iron hand bionic legs and shoulder pads, il do them first

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Haha, two new Iron Hands players in one week (you and IronFather0). Welcome to the chapter. If you are playing by the Iron Hands traits in the new codex, then Commanders are ilegal. I know it kinda sucks, but I think the Techmarine is good enough. As for the insignia, there rwally isn't a set one, aside from the hand, which is the chapter igsignia, so you could use that, or make a new one of your own. Fluff wise, Iron Hands have many different clans on Medusa, and each works fairly independantly, so you can make up your own. I found this great for making a history for my Iron Hands. Lastly, the Iron Hands box is still being sold in the Uk and Canada, and can be gotten at their online stores (cheaper in uk than it was here too&#33 That is being a problem for me too, and I am about to make a large order to get all the boxes I need in one go.

Well, I hope that helps you. And, again, welcome to the chapter.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

commanders are legal, chaplains arent
    if it says other wise tell me the page number in the codex

how much is shipping from the UK to the US

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

This is the new codex. All the old rules, like stats for Iron Father, bionics at 5 points, no chaplains and other stuff are invalid. You need the new codex, with the trait system to play IH now. Look at pages 44-45 of the 4th edition SM codex.

Oh, and shipping to the US is 4 gbp a kilo, I think. My order of 6 boxes, A techmarine (special edition blister) and a few metal bitz was 8 gbp for shipping.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the wording makes it sound like this
    if i take a techmarine hq no commander, if i dont take a tech marine hq i can have one
    i called GW they said if i take a techmarine as HQ i cant have a commander, but if i dont take a techmarine as HQ i can have a commander

any idea how long shipping from the UK will take

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast