What Scale To Use - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    mtn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were to use other model tank kits to use for conversions what scale would best fit with 40k, 1/35 or 1/50?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The accessories, barrels, tools, stowage, etc, should be 1/35. They match well. Weapons will never match no matter what scale you get. Most 1/35 vehicles are too large, though. The best vehicle fit is 1/48. Unfortunately its also one of the rarest scales in armor. The problem is GW vehicles are way out of scale compared to the troops. Some 1/35 vehicles look good, but it depends on the specific model. Also, you can use other out of scale items for different purposes, such as an HO scale train bridge as a walkway, or HO trees as bushes.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To put it this way...
    There is no spesific scale for GW models...
    If you read some fluff on the different races you will find that eg. a space marine is some 9-12 feet tall...
    Compare that too an Imperial guard model... these would be like standard 5-6 feet tall...
    Put the two besides each other and you will quickly see that they are virtually the same size...

But other than that thing of stufff this... how is it really possible to fit 10 space marines incide a rhino? Visually it is impossible...

But back on topic...
    The standard size for GW products would be some 1/42-45 something.
    A scale that that is not in use by practicly any model producers in the world.
    A scale of 1/32 might look right... but I have tried putting a catachan model in a Bell UH-1B helicopter. The guy looked like a 5 year old.

So my tip.... avoid models which include human figures. The plae model of say a Tiger tank could work fine, but it would need some extencive work to it...
    In the old Imperial Guard codex ther should be some conversions by a guy, Fred something, he combined the chimera chassy with another modern day tank... the result looks pretty nice so it's just proof that something like that is possible.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its very possible to combine other models with GW stuff. I do it all the time. Unfortunately if you can't see the model out of the box before you buy it, you may end up with models you can't use much. I bought a 1/35 Bradley first, but the turret was too big. Then I bought a 1/48 Bradley and it was perfect. Below are the results of a Bradley turret on a Predator.

mtn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks really nice

Closed Thread