Generic Vehicles stuff... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generic Vehicles stuff...

I had this idea when assembling my new razorback this weekend.

You know how the Landraider's "C" sprue is a generic add on bitz for most marine tanks?

Ok, you know how it comes with extra parts you can't/don't use?

Furthermore, you know how sometimes you want a Hunterkiller and stormbolter upgrade but not always?

Here is my nifty idea. DON'T! I repeat DO NOT glue the two hatch covers on for the front of the rhino. This includes the 2 types of hatches (one normal, one w/ weapon mount option) as well as the optional stormbolter/hunterkiller/mini-radar dish mount. This way you can 'swap out' the uprades you want and have the option of feilding a standard tank of an upgraded one.

What I did: I took the techmarine/armory personel guy and modeled him standing in the hatch with stormbolter in hand and hatchdoors open.

I took the front part of the Hunterkiller option and cut it into its parts, and glued the missle onto the back searchlight mount. I saw this MOD in a white dwarf i think, anyway i am pretty sure I'm not the first to try it. Assemble the generic hatch w/out weapons mount with hatch doors closed. Put together the radar thing as normal.

Now, glue the MODed hunterkiller onto the traditional hunterkiller mount, but off center slightly. Glue the radar on its tradional spot on the OTHER side of the same part you glued the Hunterkiller to.

You should have three parts now, the combined huntrkiller radar part, and two hatches, one with weapon.

Paint em, varnish them, BUT DON'T glue them to the rhino body!!!

You can now swap them out at will depending on what you want to feild. Furthermore you can store those parts INSIDE the rhino when not in use. Just PLEASE make sure you varnish everything so you don't scuff the paint job.

Specail Note: Its a bit tricky mounting both a stormbolter hatch with doors open and anything else next to that hatch. You should put the door with 2 'teeth' and a gap in the center on the center side of the hatch so that either the radar or missle can nicely fit into that space without as much problems. Otherwise you have to mount the storm bolter so the doors aren't lined up right and it looks funny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, somone tell me

There are 3 parts which i can't identify the use for. First is a small U-bolt type thing next to the stormbolter handle and hunterkiller weapon's mount.

second, and third, is the pair of what look like hooks.

I am guessing the "U-Bolt) thing is a whip ariel entenna loop, to hold the 'whip antenna" close to the hull. The guess for those other things would be either to hold some kind of Pole type tool or a dozer blade mount, except there is no dozer blade to mount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first built my first Land raider I glued the stupid twinlinked Heavy bolters and lascannons and the front door so they didn't go up again... don't repeat that mistake... ;P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rtposer,
    They are tow hooks, and the U-Bolt thing is an eye hook or tie down. They are normally located at the bottom rear and front of military vehicles. they are used to hook up tow lines or secure the vehicle to a flat bed trailer, or in an aircraft, during transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many thanks for the input on that

Closed Thread