Soul Drinker Tellos conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Soul Drinker Tellos conversion

Just thought I would share my latest conversion piece. This is my interpretation of Tellos from the Soul Drinkers Chapter. He is constructed from several parts and a little greenstuff.

The upper body, arms, and head are from the catachan jungle fighter sprue. Since I didn't like the bald head included and wanted to use the face that portrayed rage I ended up cutting the top of each head off and swapping them. I ended up cutting just below the hairline above the ears. I then cleaned it up and smoothed it out with greenstuff. I also ended up cutting off the ammo belt and other adornment from the upper body. The legs are from a regular space marine. The chainswords are from an assault marine sprue.

I made the bandages from greenstuff by rolling a very thin snake of greenstuff and then flattening it in a moistened plastic bag. This effect really worked out well. I am currently painting up 5 others from a Soul Drinker Command squad that will be entered in this years Games Day LA so I will be painting up Tellos when I finish. I Will update pictures when I have some new ones available.

Cheers,

-Mike

Last edited by slorak; October 18th, 2005 at 20:09.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't know much about the soul drinkers except that they are a renegade SM chapter. But that is a very cool conversion. Well done.

I look forward to seeing it painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

The general story behind them is they made an attack against the adeptus mechanicus when a relic was stolen underneath them by the adeptus mechanicus. They were tricked into following chaos and in the end followed the "spirit" of the Emporer and sought out an end to "mutations" in their chapter.

Tellos has an unusual mutation in that he seems to be unkillable. His body has transformed into a pale white / transparent material like jelly that seems to heal up/close when he is injured.

Since it will be mostly impossible to get his skin to appear transparent I am going to have to find an interesting effect for him.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job, I had often wondered at the feasability of a Tellos conversion. The only comment I would make is that if you wanted to base it on the latest version of Tellos, he would have long unruly hair as described in Crimson Tears.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InvictusVis
    Good job, I had often wondered at the feasability of a Tellos conversion. The only comment I would make is that if you wanted to base it on the latest version of Tellos, he would have long unruly hair as described in Crimson Tears.
    This is actually a commission piece that matches the theme of the Sarpedon I did. He is going to be given a snow base.

I am just now getting into the new book so the 2nd reason he is bald is because I put him together before reading the new book!

Cheers,

-Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Looks quite well, looking foward to seeing it fully painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Hmm.. maybe you could paint his body a kind of putrid white and put a lot of gloss varnish or water-resin on the skin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i agree with mantis well painted white with a few blue glazes? and lots of PVAing or glossing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

What I am thinking of doing is maybe making subtle shapes suggesting organs, painting pale colors up to a white in a striation patter to suggest muscle. If I can pull it off I will probably add hints of viens etc. The gloss varnish might work. I normally don't like the look of gloss varnish - especially over such a large area but it might do the trick!

Hopefully I will have some pictures of him painted by next week. I am currently working on 5 other soul drinkers for a squad I am doing for Games Day LA and I am running out of time! So Tellos will have to wait for paint until they are finished!

Cheers,

-Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing i'm going to complain about is the area where the body and the power pants meet(wow, that's the cleverest thing i've said all day, power pants...) , the body is a little too big so it doesn't really look like he is wearing them, so maybe bulk them up a little. other than that, he looks great, really cool.
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast