New builder starting a project - needs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

New builder starting a project - needs help

Hey there

I've been playing warhammer 40k for about 3 years (used to play boyscouts with bolters (marines) then I graduated to the Imperial Guard) and I've made some piece of scenery for a local club but I'm looking to make my own gaming board now.

I'm looking for a nice and simple 4' x 4' (although I was considering going to 4' x 5' as I use I 1500 army on average) and I want to do it in an Ash Waste style.

So far I intend to get the MDF for the board and several packets of the GW modelling sand to use for the base of the board, I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on other terrain I could place on the board and make to go with it.

I'd like to make a river (was considering making this permanent piece),

Also would a tar/volcanic pit be out of place, and any ideas/links on how to make one?

Perhaps some rock formations?

I intend to spray the sanded board black and then to drybrush it up to look ashy (dark grey followed by lighter grey with a final light brush of white) Any ideas you guys could give me will be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot, Loz

2. Remove Advertisements

The Netherlands
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x2)

Go to this site: dont@ www before it without the www. Its dutch but dont worry theres hardly a dutch word on the right side youll see several links to terrain sites were they show you how to make terrain hope that helps.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread