How long does it take you to paint your models. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long does it take you to paint your models.

How long does it take you to paint your armies or models.

I consider myself a slow painter, it usually takes me about 4-5 days just to get a couple of models down, but I usually only spend maybe an 1-2 hours painting at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I think its very boring to paint many models, so I try to paint one each day and uses about 1-1,5 hour on a normal plastic mini
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it takes about 2 to 3 hours on a basic Space marine. I am a perfectionist when it comes to detail. Even if you cant even see it! For vehicles it takes me about 7 to 8 hours but like most, I paint my miniatures in 2 hour sessions per day.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then I must be the slowest painter on this site then...
    i have had an army for 1,5 years, it consists of around 40-50 models, I have just painted half of them... just recently...
    It's all a matter what you feel like doing, painting isn't always very fun you know...

Eztrovia!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on what race and size... Sometimes it varies.... a land raider took me about 4 hours, while a Eldar Guardian took me 2 hours in the beginning, and a orc from fantasy about 3 hours... IT's all about technique and how well u wanna paint it... just don't spoil them...

NB: In the beginning, b4 I found the sprays, I dopped them in the Chaos black color for a undercoat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending how I feel depends how long I spend painting my latest space marine army takes me about 3hours per plastic mini but I spend about 15 - 20 hours on my metal mini just because I want my HQ and Elites to look realy nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

For me it depends very much on the mini.

I love painting and I think it should be done well.

If I have a tactical squad of ten marines I paint them all in one go using one colour at a time on all the minis.

It will take me about 8-9 hours to piant a squad of ten men.

As for my characters... I've got an Epistolary Librarian that took me 3 days to paint, using about 5 hours each day. He is also my coolest mini...

Still, I don't paint all the time.. I sometimes can go for a week without so much as looking at a paintbrush... On the other hand I sometimes paint every day of the week if I feel like it and have time.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes me about 5 hours for a basic marine, 3 hours for a tyranid gaunt. My marines paint up slowly because the color progression for the armor is 9 stages! I know, I'm nuts! :twisted:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sure you are! I mean it!.
    For me it mostly depends on mood, right now I just found out that some old friends of mine still play 40k, so now I am starting to paint again....

The time it takes depends on how detailed I want to make them, maybe it takes around 2 hours to paint a marine...

Salut!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Not really sure, depends on what mini it is. I can tell you I don't like to rush them though.
    I also can't sit and paint a squad of 10 marines in one go, I get board of using the same old paints lol so after say three or four, I go and do a bike or just something different....or better still, I take a break for 20 minutes or so.

Sometimes I'll just spend an hour on my painting, other times, I can go a whole day o.O
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast