Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Necrons

i have a question about painting necrons.

In the codex the guys with red on thier armor look awsome but i dont know how they painted it like that.

Can anyone help me out i dont want to paint my necrons the plain old silver and i have used green way to much on my space marine army.

Do you think i could use blue instead of red someone help me out here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

If your going to use blue I sujest a light blue.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the red armor too. I just painted liked they said to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

and that work aye

i was just wondering because the tau codex has some painting techniques that were hard to do which is why i want to switch to necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Start blue. Ink it black and drybrush blue again to fortify the blue I think.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Thanks ill try that, it sounds good any other thoughts on what colors to use like that other than green. Purple might be cool to i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think red works great with the metallic gray. Red and gray just seem to go together really well. I'm not sure about blue, but a light blue will probably look better. More... energized. You can choose to go the very organized military way, painting every Necron the exact same way, with each panel matching, or you can choose the more individualized way, with some having certain panels red and others with different panels red (Or blue, if you choose that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do a quick google search for "color theory," you can get some general guidelines for choosing colors that will look good together.

If you have a color wheel, then colors opposite each other generally look good together and can provide a stark contrast where you want it. Colors next to each other can also look good together as subtle highlights, since they won't stand out as much as they blend together some. Colors on the right-hand side of the color wheel (red on top to green on bottom, with yellows and oranges in between) are "warm" colors and will generally give a "happier" impression. Colors on the left side of the color wheel (purple on top, green on bottom, blues, aquas, and shades thereof in between) are "cool" colors and generally give a more removed, sterile look.

I generally don't like models that have a majority of blue on them -- they always end up looking too bright, garish, or cartoony, to me. If you were going to use blue, I'd suggest a very dark, midnight blue color -- most other blues are just too bright for my tastes. A dark red or possibly orange would probably complement it well as a secondary color on the model. Black and grey (silver) could be used for other parts -- they're pretty much independent of color schemes and can always be applied.

Anyway, glad you're deciding to branch off from the standard silver for necrons -- hopefully the result will reflect your initiative and effort to make a good looking army.
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread