Ideas for swamp terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas for swamp terrain

Title explains it all, all ideas welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well first, it would help if you gave rather more detail.

For example, is it for WHFB or WH40k? this can make a difference because any finer detail should be used to reflect the game setting and thus increase the terrain's aesthetics.

Some idea of the size you are looking for would help too... a small piece, pieces that can be built together or even a whole battle board.

Give us the ideas you have come up with as something to work with... at the moment it just appears you are wanting everyone else to do all the thought work for you.

Basically, help us to help you.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always wait till next months White Dwarf!
    Its Raffi btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok: 6' x 4', set in 40k, movable terrain features. I was thinking about plastering two or three planks of wood, flocking, adding pine trees and then painting and PVA-ing the gaps between strips of plaster.
    Now, any interesting ideas to make the board stand out. I heard a good one about cutting a model in half and putting him in a swamp, i.e. drowning.

btw, i play guard, and the main armies i play against are orks, imperial guard, tau and space marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

If you must stick models into the mix, then id use skeletons rather than whole models, as this will restrict the terrain piece to just 40k (and will look rather wierd in a WF setting if you ever start WFB that is). Also go to your local pet store and get some of that green, fern type plastic plant. This stuff looks great when put on a base and covered in artificial water, (this should be availiable in any good model shop). If you can afford it id get a large tub of this stuff and do the entire water feature with this stuff (don't worry that when you start that it's white it dries clear (honest) usually in 24-36 hrs).
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I like to use ruins in all of my terrain, so the following instructions are very precise :

Find styrofoam
    Put it in a trash bag
    Beat it with a bat for 5-6 swings

Done. You now have sizeable chunks of building reminants from old packaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ideas, I will get started soon(ish).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea buy some fish tank plants they look good and you could do and over grown bunker like the bunker that it shows you how to make in the new rule book but then smash it up a bit and make plants growning in and around it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any non-model shop way to get good looking water? I went to GW and saw wicked looking water but the guy didn't say what it was made of... And I'm cheap with terrain so I won't buy terrain stuff at a model shop. Model shops are for models;not terrain
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you could use some wood glue or gloss to make water. Sincerely I'd rather use the artificial water from woodland scenics or other similar materials (there are several manufacturers that provide artificial water.) It's not the cheapest solution, but it really works wonders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast