Unique Daemonhost Conversion (40k) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unique Daemonhost Conversion (40k)

I plan to make a... unique Daemonhost conversion. Instead of being bound inside a human, the daemon will be bound inside a set of armor (covered in Holy Text, of course). I plan to make this pretty big (think Ork Warboss with Full Plate Mail Armor), on a 40-mm base. The reason I am divulging to you my very Radical (pun, pun) idea is because I am having trouble finding the parts from the GW range.

The armor is no problem. I plan to take a normal plastic model, hack it in the pose I need, and then model it on top of that. So for the most part, the conversion is fine. However...

-I like the helmet on the CSM Defiler, however I'm not too enthusiastic on spending $10 on the entire sprue. some of the helmets on the Chaos Warrior sprue are also cool, plus they have other things I might use.

-I cannot find good claws (think Fantasy Battle Forest Dragon claws) that aren't organic. I know I remember seeing them somewhere, maybe on an Ork? So I need a pair of good claws. If I have to I'll take organic claws and model on armor myself, but I'd rather not.

Those are about my only questions/concerns for now. And I will be sure to post a picture when it is done.

-The Cap'n

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want to have to buy the entire model for one part, you can just order the single part you want. If you live in the US I'd use thewarstore (lower shipping than the UK), and go the the GW site and look in the store, around the place of the model I think theres a wrench you can click on and it will list all the individual peices of the model you can order. If not just keep looking around and you should find the individual peices you want.

As for the ideas, I'm not exactly the best at conversions sorry.
    Last edited by Senigar; May 11th, 2005 at 04:54.

Space Wolves- 4,000 pts
    Tau- 500pts
    Dwarves in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

The claws you are looking for are from the fingers of the old chaos 40k metal champion with power fist, these are perfect for the conversion that your'e doing.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

+ Reply to Thread