Tau Battle Suit Concersion Idea> Need Feed Back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Battle Suit Conversion Idea> Need Feed Back

hi eveyone,

reciently ive been paid for commision to do a tau batlesuit conversion.
    What i had in mind was having the battlesuit on foot, and one of its legs would be raised to be stepping on top of a fallen space marine. next, i will have robed him, (i know this sounds weird, but i think it would look rather good) sort of like the robing on a Space marine veterns robes. he will have 2 missle launchers on his hands, and assult cannon, and something else on the other shoulder.

So i guess my main question is what do you guys think?

Thanks in Advanced

Sp3cToR
    UnS33n...

-{ ItS nOt ThE eNd ThAt I fEaR wItH eAcH bReAtH }-
    ------{ ItS lIfE tHaT sCaReS mE tO dEaTh }------

---==={\}[ Sp3cToR ]{/}===---
    UNS33n...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Sounds good as long as you don't overdo the robes. A tau battlesuit is a machine large enough to fit a full grown Tau inside of it. The thought of some Tau sitting there and sewing a rediculously large robe for the robot to wear is a bit...well it just doesn't work. They should be more like streamers, or banners or something, or even a large sash-like thing that gos across it's torso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya i like the way you put that, but this battle suit is (what my friend says) a "vetern Tau battlesuit" and hes supposed to be a very high ranking tau

also this model is a center piece of him army, so edicus, dont u think it would look good? also whats a streamer?

any one with ideas, please contribute

UNS33n...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the robes sound good, and if your going to do them SM vetern style, do the robe style, with the robe that starts at his shoulder. like the vetern with the axe in Spector7's gallery.

i think that would look good

iam also converting a battle suit and needed ideas, so what ever is posted on this forum ill use

XI dead IX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The robes wont look good trust me on that one (long story) the reason is is that battlesuit dont look man-like enough to wear a robe, same goes for capes in most cases(although sometimes it'll look good)

Also this part confuses me: he will have 2 missle launchers on his hands, and assult cannon, and something else on the other shoulder. why it bothers me is this - tau dont have assault cannons, and 2 tau battlesuit can only mount 3 things on there arms and shoulders, that means that it can have the missile pods and "assault cannon" but anything on the other shoulder is not useable in a tourny. just thought u should know, i think a better idea for this would be to get a forgeworld battlesuit(wait until the new shas'o suit comes out and convert that) and on one shoulder mount a long pole that carries the armies torn, tattered and slightly burned flag from long years of hard combat and like the others have said try the streamers, streamers are like banners but very narrow and wrong and usually feauture some sort of motto or something on them to inspire troops, look around for previous conversions of tau battlesuits to get some better ideas

also in my opinion having chains of ammo(think machine gun) leading up to a weapon like a burst cannon(the 4 barrel gattling gun of the tau) looks awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well he has 1 missle pod per arm, and the burst cannon on 1 shoulder (which i called the assult cannon) and id like to know this long story of why robes wont look good on it? im very good with greenstuff and thought in might look good

UNS33n...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you won't USE all the weapons doesn't mean they can't be on there. Remember, WYSIWYG means that all equipment has to be shown, NOT that all equipment shown has to be used. Thus, if you put enough guns on a battlesuit, he could change between battles from an anti-light infantry to an anti-tank to an anti-heavy infantry without fiddling around with magnets.
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The robes would probably look pretty cool, except if it were on a real machine they would probably get stuck in the moving parts. Do you think that may take away some of the credibility of the robes? Just a thought for you. Sashes, banners or streamers may look cool and more appropriate.

my 2 cents, hope it helps
    sakenpo@ptd.net
    Lower/Lesser rating always ships first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Rules wise you can have 3 weapon mounted on the suit, and have hardwired support systems, cause all the rules say is that the crisis suits have 3 hard points which must have a weapon or support system allocated to it.

As for the robes it is possible to put effective looking robes on a battle suit but you have to do this before attaching the arms or the backpack. However rather than robes id suggest a tabbard.

this is effectively a sheet with a cut down the middle lengthwise this sheet should be long enough to come to just below the knees both front and back, and the cut will have to be 3/4 of the length of the sheet. This then gets a belt of some description tied round the middle, (though for tau you could use small circles on the outside of the tabbard attaching it to the body just above the leg joints, and paint these with his caste symbol/homeworld)
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welll that sounds like it would be good but im having some toruble picturing this tabbard thingy, so do you have any pictures or any website where i could see this tabard thing?

please let me know, ideads are still needed so post away

thanks

Sp3cToR

UnS33n...

UNS33n...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast