Trying to created a blazing coal effect. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

Trying to created a blazing coal effect.

Have you ever seen a smiths furnace? Where there is coal and charcaol as fuel and then air is pushed in from below, the coal deep down glows white/blue hot and then red further up and the top stays black but slighty glows red.

That the effect I want to do on a Tau army.

What I was contemplating was undercoat white, then in the deep places paint a light blue and then a purple a bit further up, then a flame red. All the armour panels in black. I would be looking for most of the model in black.

Now here is where you can tell me I'm crazy or ill-informed. If I was to paint about 5 coats of red ink on the black sections would it give a red tinge to the black, or would I be better going for a extreamly deep red instead of black?

I think this would look exellent on suits as each panel on the armour would look like a crack into a burning ember. Or like a river of lava when the top is cool but cracked with red.

Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements

Cincinnati Ohio
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x1)

Personally, I think either might work...I'd go with the mixing red gore with black or midnight blue and then painting the panels with a coat of future floor wax...the wax deepens and diffuses the color. After that, if you want a matte finish to the panels paint over the panels with some watered down PVA glue or spray with your favorite matte sealer. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I use this method to paint the armor on my 'nids but I left them glossy instead of matte.

I hear voices...and they don't like you!

+ Reply to Thread