[WH40K] Necron Color Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

[WH40K] Necron Color Scheme

When it came to deciding on a color scheme for my Necron Army, I thought I'd do something a little unusual. Most armys use a single scheme for the entire army, I wanted something that would stand out, and so I am giving each troop type a seperate identifying color. What will unite the army is the placement of the ID colors, and the detailing
    I only have examples of two units so far, I'm working on the rest, but the basic necron warrior is identified by dark red plates on the shoulders, lower arms, thighs and heart plate like so

The Tomb Spyder is slightly different however, it doesn't have any components that really resemble the Warrior to duplicate the scheme, so instead an alternative had to be designed, that would still closely resemble the Warrior scheme. The Tomb Spyder's ID color is a simple graveyard earth brown

For the remainder of the army, the ID colors are as follows
    Necron Lord - Gold
    Flayed Ones - Flesh (obviously)
    Immortals - Purple
    Pariahs - White
    Destroyers - Gray
    Scarabs - Bronze
    Heavy Destroyers - Black
    Wraiths - Light Blue
    Monolith - I was going to try for an oily sheen

I'll post additional examples as I get them painted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Your warrior is really great.

The spyder is a little too flat. Maybe you'd want to give it a few highlights (perhpas bestial-snakebite leather-graveward brown- graveyard mixed w/ skull bone).

Also, while you idea is good, be careful not to lose the overall visual identity of your army. You still need one or 2 colors to link your squads together and insure unity of colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, did you invade my mind and channel my ideas into your own? I was thinking about that very same idea! I guess great minds think alike.

Anyway I think your warrior and tomb spyders look great. The red matches quite well with the metallic. The brown, a little less so, but it still looks pretty darn good. Thumbs up to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the brown on the tomb spyder looks very good, i also like your idea, the necron warrior looks very good, i like the contrast on both between the metal colour and the more ceramic colour
    we're not running, we're attacking in another direction!
    -Call Of Duty 2
    imperial guard
    w/d/L
    2/3/1

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

I said I'd add more unit examples, this is a standard Destroyer, the ID color is Shadow Grey, which is all that looked half decent out of the standard greys
    even though it's more of a blue, the other greys looked really weak against the drybrushed boltgun
    personally I love the look, but I should since I painted it

oh, and why doesn't it say anywhere, that you have to bend the gauss cannon a bit to get the damned green rods in :mad: :rolleyes: they don't just slide in easy ya know, I came [____] this far from trimming the ends so it would fit :eek: before I thought to try bending the damned thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of those examples look really good, with neat clean colours and a well blended look. Great Job. (Y)
    Woman:"We cant treat everyone equally when they're clearly not! What's that called kids?"
    Kids: "Communism!!"

Post all ya gobbo wins and ya stoopid orcses losses here! Da Big Green Tracka!

(\_/)
    (0.0) Worship the bunny, for he is thy God.
    (><)

+ Reply to Thread