Chimera patterned after the Black Gobo article - WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chimera patterned after the Black Gobo article - WIP

Pictures are here:
    http://tinyurl.com/a96kb

It is based on the Chimera shown here:
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...p1/default.htm
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...p2/default.htm

The beautiful Predator turret is so much superior to the bloody ugly Chimera one that after seeing the Black Gobbo article I just can't imagine putting there a different one.

My take on the vehicle differs a bit from the BG one - for the starters I didn't like the way he's done the Schurtzen - I prefer them to follow the shape of the hull. I have also not removed the firing ports' lusguns and I took some care not to obstruct the tower's field of fire (Mr Smith has "cheated" a bit there - his tower will not rotate backwards and may even have some problems rotating to the side without raising the muzzle). I've done the multilaser a bit differently, since the one mounted on Mr Smith's looks a bit too much like autocannon or lascannon to me.

I have left the "screw" on the command hatch - I like it raised as it gives more space for the commander inside the tower. I have also glued the hatch in Soviet style - when opened it provides cover for the commander. To represent the crew customizing their vehicle I have added another battery bank (taken from Sentinel's multilaser)

I'll probably attach some more stuff (like jerry cans) to the tower. I'm also waiting for a plasticard rod to arrive to do some more rivets and headlamps and I'm still wondering whether to leave the std Chimera's HBolter or to replace it with one from IG HWeapon sprue. Some more twiddling and fiddling will follow, but what you see is pretty much what it will look like in the final version.

Last edited by Nurglitch; May 25th, 2005 at 11:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the turret is a definite improvement and just modernises the tank in general.
    Makes me wish that the would redo the current chimera model (The new rhino is a complete improvement over the old one so imagine what improvements they could make to the flat turreted, Old lasgunned chimera.... ^_^ )
    Also, is this gonna be one of many converted chimeras or just a one off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian_247
    Also, is this gonna be one of many converted chimeras or just a one off?
    I don't see me needing more than one Chimera anyway, so one off for now. If I ever buy more, I will do them exactly as this one.

+ Reply to Thread