Gaming Table - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaming Table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaming Table

im starting the process of building a table for my deamonhunters army and had a few questions. The basic plan is to make a board with rivers of lava criss-crossing the board. I also want to put some structure in the center, a temple or a factory.

what is the best way to make good rivers, for the lava

where can i get texture paint for the styrofome or how can i make the paint

any other sugestions would be helpful

godfather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

dunno but since your new ill give you advice. search the articles forum they have lots of articles about making snow scenry or frozen rivers. white dwarf also do some scenery secteions from time to time if you really need to ask someone you know at games-workshop goor luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

It is cheaper to make texture paint. Just buy white paint and either sand or kitty litter. Put the sand/kitty litter in the white paint and mix it and booyah you got texture paint ^_^. There is a grea terrain site on the net that can help you make rivers or lava (same thing but instead more ashwaste envionment, well you know what I mean ^_^). Here is a link to rivers and factories/temple:

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/rivers/riverFP.html
    http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/buildings/building.html
    http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/quickies/geraldo1FP.html

Hope that helps. Also, if you plan to use styrofoam, use the pink version. I have some in my room and it is soooo much better than the white stuff.
    Last edited by Nemy; May 28th, 2005 at 00:49.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i assume you are making it in 3 sections, if you draw 2 points on each edge of each of your 3 baords, each exactly the same distance from the edge eg 12" away from the edge, and then ensure that all you river sections go to these points and are the same width, you wil have 3 boards that can be arragned in any way you like and still have the rivers match up nicly.
    this gives you about 100 combinations instead of 2 or 3

+ Reply to Thread