Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh wow... Different necron, beware

10K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  King Ulrik Flamebeard 
#1 ·
I just saw this monolith on the internet and I simply couldn't help but laugh, though others may give it a different reaction... Don't know who made it, just linking to exactly where I found it. Amusing...

See less See more
#2 ·
LMAO excellent!

There is an army produced by the Wife of Edward (moderator on GW boards as Favoured of Sanguinus) called the "Hello Kitty" sisters of battle, her dreadnaught conversion is on a similar line but more so, you can find it on Edwards site (Ex-libermortis) here:
http://www.exlibrismortis.org/

Click the link on the left to Katherines Hello Kitty sister!

This has been round for a few years and is rather legendary

#3 ·
Maybe this is the influence of the fifth, very secret C'Tan!! If anyone can think of a name?!

I could also be to lure people into a false sense of security. I mean, it's difficult to fire a lascannon straight when your laughing your @$$ off.

Still it's quite a nice paint job? :D

#4 ·
(vomits)
*MEEP* *MEEP* *MEEP* *MEEEEEEEEEP*

The person who did that should have her (I doubt that any male kid would be *MEEP*ed up to commit such an atrocity) head checked. I mean, pink. Well, this I can stand. But all these flowers, butterflies and whatnot... It's so ugly that you need a new standard of ugliness for it.

#5 ·
Cheredanine said:
LMAO excellent!

There is an army produced by the Wife of Edward (moderator on GW boards as Favoured of Sanguinus) called the "Hello Kitty" sisters of battle, her dreadnaught conversion is on a similar line but more so, you can find it on Edwards site (Ex-libermortis) here:
http://www.exlibrismortis.org/

Click the link on the left to Katherines Hello Kitty sister!

This has been round for a few years and is rather legendary

Emperor's mercy that... 'Dreadnought' if you can even call it that easily beats the Monolith. :lol:

#6 ·
That Kitty Dreadnought is stunning definatly deserving of some kind of award, although i do like that monolith I don't think that i would run away if i saw that heading towards me.

#7 ·
the_fifth_horseman said:
(vomits)

The person who did that should have her (I doubt that any male kid would be *MEEP*ed up to commit such an atrocity) head checked. I mean, pink. Well, this I can stand. But all these flowers, butterflies and whatnot... It's so ugly that you need a new standard of ugliness for it.
So, you have chosen to be defeated? At least your reaction seems to imply that!

Think of it. Military painting serves either of two purposes: camouflage or intimidation (or rather throwing the enemy/opponent off balance). Here the latter seems to be the case - and it obviously worked on you. If you played against this army in a game, you'd spend so much energy fretting over the sacrilegious painting that you would obviously loose the game - effect accomplished!

War isn't fair - neither is love! Take what you can - give nothing back!

#9 ·
the_fifth_horseman said:
(vomits)

Have you even considered the fact that the owner of this monolith may be on this forum? and no, i am not a female... i was just slightly stoned... but it happens to all of us, right?

Reactions: neurodisruptor
#11 ·
wait a tic, tomato 99 you are the owner of the cron army??

#13 · (Edited)
chaos0xomega said:
wait a tic, tomato 99 you are the owner of the cron army??
no bloody dur... took your time to work it out from my post, didn't you? or rather, i ws hte painter, and then i sold it one e-bay... i got a nice little profit from that...

#15 ·
the_fifth_horseman said:
Man, who took a hammerdrill to your sense of humour?

#16 ·
Man, who took a hammerdrill to your sense of humour?
Sense of humor? What is that?

Have you even considered the fact that the owner of this monolith may be on this forum? and no, i am not a female... i was just slightly stoned... but it happens to all of us, right?
Well, now that is quite surprising. However, my comment stays. You can accept or ignore its existence, your choice.

#29 ·
I for one am demoralised... the only thing that would throw me off in a game with that even more would be if the green plastic bits were also pink, and the crystal projected some kind of flowery image at my army XD

Also this was rather good...

Starship Modeler - Necron Monolith

Internally lit monolith. I didn't know where else to stick it...
Combine the two maybe?

#18 ·
ha. i can't believe how many of you beleived it was mine! i ws just kiddin' man, i just thought it was pretty cool and didn't deserve all the crap you were saying about it, so i thought that if the owner was around here, you might show a little more respect.. didn't work, but hey! looks like toastee knew the real owner/painter...

#22 ·
I personally think that it's a very cute model.
Not as cute as, say, a squig, or a grot, or a grot riding a squig, but still cute none the less. It looks like the perfect thing for an ork to loot and turn into a Dakkalith.

#24 ·
zenarion said:
dude, who took a hammerdrill to the damn sense of waisting money of that guy? minis arent that cheap so they can be wasted like that!
Where in there do you see wasting? I see one pink monolith and a bunch of other necrons on a gaming table, and Toastee already said it was at a GT. Thats not wasting, it's a weird paint job.

And who said all Necron armies looked the same?

#26 ·
to the amusement of all the other races. and i mean c'mon, that's gotta be what got that paint job started. it's one thing for you to bring your models to a 40k place, and everyone says "yea nice models.. ou look at that over there", and "oh sweet jesus, the hell is that! everybody come look at this!". how many people can put thier models opposite a pink 'cron army and with resonable assurence, say the crowd will flock to thier models.
besides, necrons had it coming. their such a serious, hard-ass race. someone had to make fun of them eventualy (as opposssed to say orcs. would hippie-orcs really be that extrordinary?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.