Erm, Terrain Making - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I'm thinking about doing a 4' by 4' board for Cityfight but i want it to contain plenty of destroyed buildings, barricades and possibly a large open field style area.

I was thinking about adding some forge world buildings but they're pretty expensive. Does anyone have any ideas on how to replicate the effects for as cheap as possible?

Plus i want some sandbags but i don't know where to buy them from. Could anyone advise me on this?

Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo i do i make city fight terrain alot, big biulding easy to make with good effect, all u need is 12" x12" polsyrene 5 mm thick, and polstyrene glue, not cement.

and a very sharp crafh knife, can make a 12" by 12" bye 12" building in under 5 hours with every floor and windows on 1 side for aproxabmatly £2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my home made foam cutter and some construction grade poly steyrene....
    (the blue kind), it comes in thicknesses of 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 inches. and comes in about a 2 foot by 8 foot sheets. That&#39;s enough to make quite a bit of terrain. Plus you don&#39;t have to worry about it flaking apart like cheap styrafoam. Total cost per sheet is about 6-8 bucks........ A little more up here in alaska though.....

As for sandbags I make them out of clay that you can buy from craft stores such as michales. Make it how I want it then cook it in the oven...... After it cools off. I paint it to go with whatever board I&#39;m using.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here&#39;s the tips I can give you that already excist on out site:
    Sandbags
    Cityfight terrain

Have a look into these, they could give you some ideas.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cut your outter walls cut your floors get a few copper rods cut they into 2" strips and start pinning with glue. it will take the wear and tear with a smile .

XG

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mentioned the blue industrial polystyrene, isn&#39;t that quite hard to get your hands on, not to mention it might be expencive?
    I got access to some of here at work, to me it looks like it&#39;s more flexible than the usual polystyrene, am I right?

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must not be the same stuff. It&#39;s the type that they use in construction. Really hard stuff. It&#39;s compressed and doesn&#39;t flake away. I&#39;ll try and upload a picture of it and some of the terrain I&#39;ve made with it when I get home from work. The stuff I use is real solid. It cost me around 8 bucks for a 4&#39; X 8&#39; sheet. So it&#39;s not too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cardboard cut at weird angles and sealed with putty is really useful to me.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny angles sounds like the design of the german bunkers of WW2.
    Ever seen them?

About the polystyrene, I think I know the stuff you mean.
    I still haven&#39;t seen it in blue, but I know of a pink equivalent that is just as good.

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I haven&#39;t seen the German Bunkers. Post a pic&#33;
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast