Dark angels scout squad "Tank Hunters" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark angels scout squad "Tank Hunters"

Ok, i have a scout squad whose sole existance in tabletop life is to hunt tanks down and make them go BOOM! So any one got suggestions on how i can model Marine scouts to look the part of "Tank Hunters?" Obviously make sure they have gernades on them, maybe paint the gernades a distintive color for krak gerndaes.

Also, i had considered using archive adeptus arbite models and converting them into marine scouts for the tank hunting role. With there different armour style they are distingished from the rest, also i really hate painting faces so i am looking for an excuse to feild a converted arbites squad as scouts so i only have to paint their helmets and not worry about eyes and hair and face details.

Any suggestions, for either a conversion of existing marine scouts or the arbites? (for the recod, yes my tank hunters ARE armed with bolters and shotguns...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Hmm I really wouldn't know how to make them look like 'tank hunters' the only way of showing is through the equipment.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if its allowed or not (im a newb) but have you considered Imperial Guard storm troopers?

They look the part to me at least.. they dont have space marine armor..but they do have armor of a sort..and they have some cool helmets..and night vision goggles and grenades and such. To me they look like they could be space marine scouts.

Like I said though.. im a newb and dont know the rules for such a thing ..seems to me though that if you are playing with friends..you could field an Ogryn as a Predator as long as they agree that that is what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about modeling them carrying large shaped charges? A company like Tamiya might make such charges for regular 1/32 models and you might be able to make it work...
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I'll check out the storm troopers for possible bitz to use... Maybe i can canabalize some of their parts, like swaping out head etc.

Thanks for the ideas all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

That's actually a pretty cool idea!
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of using Storm Troopers as scouts. In my army I regard Scouts not as rookies but a Special Forces type unit. The only thing is I play mostly with die hard WYSIWYG players and it's gonna be hard to convince them that the hell guns are something different, and it would be a mjaor pan in the ass to convert them all...but the already have Carapace and they look so much like a Special Forces unit than the mostly static Marine Scouts.
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Closed Thread