Librarium Online Forums banner

Necron Lord, tell me what you think

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Chaplain_Liturgis 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, my brother is entering a painting competition, and I got him to critique my newest mini! So I painted this mini, and he thinks its awesome. So, he thought i should share it with everyone on the boards I belong to. I hope you like it :D

The rod is a purple rod i bought from a train/hobby shop. The base is a corked base that raises the lord up, and makes him look like hes on a cliff. I painted the metal parts non metalic metal silver also. I also painted the scythe and cloak with a purple tint using the "lighting" technique. This is about my 6th time trying it, and am starting to get the hang of it.

I think its my best mini yet! Thanks!

See less See more
#7 ·
How do you do that lighting technique? I've been wanting to do something like that for my Tau army, but never knew how.

#8 ·
Congrats on an original and cleanly-painted color scheme. It looks good! It is still a little monochromatic for my tastes, but still an excellent job!

#9 ·
I like this Lord a lot.

It is well painted and original. I've never seen another like it.

I'd love to see an entire Necron army painted in this style.

Something bugs me about it though... it looks computer generated. It appears to have been superimposed onto the base and the highlights look as if they have been sprayed on via a picture editing suite. If it's hand painted, it's extremely well done.

Nice.

Wolfkin

#11 ·
For some reason everytime I post a picture someone out of 10 people always says what you just sayed wolfkin. It is not super imposed and the highlights arn't "sprayed on".

I agree that it does look like that but it is a coincidence that someone always says that to me once in a while. Is it my camera? I have a cannon camera, maybe there is a better one out there? As you can see, maybe I need a different color backdrop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.