Adding water features to a board. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Adding water features to a board.

Ok. I remember a long while ago there was an article about how to do rivers and lakes using some reisin for wood. I haven't seen this article in a few months, and I am looking to do some water on my board, and as a scenic base for my Aun'Shi model.

If anyone can tell me where to get the stuff to do it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

May I ask which type of water you're trying to make? River? Sea? Swamp?
    I don't know about the article you mentioned but in WD305* there is a perfect explanation of how to create swamp water, and in WD300*, a river's construction is explained - this could be used for sea, too.

*UK WD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Technically, this one is about the river on the board, and that one is for the base. ^_^ Also, after posting in here, I wasn't sure how much response I'd get in here.

And thanks for the info. I'll look at the WD's around 300 next time I'm in the store.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here goes...

When it comes to big rivers and deep lakes i can´t say much.
    But for smaller lakes and ponds it is easiest to get a hold of anything that sets to a hard solid form and still remains transparent.
    Easiest thing to to would be to make areas for small shallow lakes/ponds and just fill them with "atificial water" awaliable from woodland scenics.
    Take into consideration though that this stuff costs morre that your shirt plus a kidney but it absolutely works... ok not that expencive but in my case i paid some 20 pounds for it (stupid iMac by the way...doesn´t have the pound key!!!!)

But back on topic, try that stuff, it makes a good finish. I´ll see it I can get some pics during my next leave...

See ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Woodland Scenics to provide my water effect. Also use parraffin wax to provide an ice effect. When I apply the water using the WS stuff I brush it on. It helps conserve the precious stuff and because it is self leveling it will look smooth when it hardens. To provide an interesting effect one can also use a hair dryer on the water effect to creat ripples. I dont rec. the WS product that you have to melt and use. It stinks and can create a crazing effect on the paint because of the difference in temperatures. However it does create an interesting surface water look. The last photo was shows the melted plastic bead resin.

JPBELLAVANCE
    Last edited by jpbellavance; September 20th, 2005 at 03:36. Reason: Include additional photo image.
    "First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me....Blow." - Ash

BattleScapes.Com

+ Reply to Thread