Converting mutation arm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Converting mutation arm

I'm converting Graevus from the Soul Drinkers novels, and he has a huge mutated arm that allows him to carry a power axe like he would a combat knife. I'm using the really massive, muscular arm, the one that's pretty much an oversized normal arm, from the mutation sprue, and i'd like Graevus to be holding his power axe. Now, I've tried bending his fingers around the axe on an old arm by heating it with a lighter and bending it, but it simply made the hand crinkle up. So I was wondering - does anyone have any ideas on how to bend the fingers round so they're holding the axe? I was thinking of holding the hand in just-boiled water for about 30 seconds and seeing if that softened the hand up enough to bend it, but does anyone else have any ideas?

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use an ork arm with the hand already around the haft of a weapon, or even just the ork hand?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Try holding it over a stove element on High. That's what I use for making flags and banners.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boiled water is a good bet.

Alternatively, have a little fun with Green Stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Oh God, don't get me started on doing fingers with green stuff...while most of mine turn out well, I find them an absolute ass to do, or they just end up injuring me somehow :blink:
    Ah well, I'll have a go at boiling water, seeing as if it doesn't work then it shouldn't damage the model at all. I'm mail-ordering the arms tomorrow, so I'll keep you guys posted, but more suggestions will be appreciated.
    P.S. I've heard you can bend plastic by rubbing plastic glue into the piece and then bending it. Has anyone tried this? I'd have thought that would simply squish the model when you tried to bend it, but can i have some opinions?
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread