Snow Land - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow Land

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now, i have started makin gaming tables for money now (no this shouldnt go in the advertisement section), and my first buyer wants an ice land table. so i went about picking up the following=
    1 piece of four by four wood from behind some old shop
    2 cans of spray on stone effect paint
    1 tube of white paint
    some twigs from and old tree
    pva glue.
    sandpaper

ok, first of all i got a few sheets of cut sandpaper to make a road down the middle (it was black sand paper). Next, i marked out a basic shape of where i wanted the pond. Around the road and the lake i sprayued the textured paint, making sure it looked unevenish.

leave it to dry for aboput six hours

where u have marked the lake, paint the inside a lightish blue. next, start layering pva glue about one layer every five hours, once it is thick enough to look good, about five layersis fine, ur nearly done

over the textured paint drybrush with a large sponge brush or roller white paint, leave to dry.

the next day, wake up with a bowl of cereal and toast, maybe orange juice but thats an extra. go outside, look at the gaming board and say...'god im good', then get a pot of gloss varnish out and layer it liberally. next, whip out your power drill and gather those twigs, and drill out as many holes as you have sticks. then use a hobby knife to shave down the bottom of the twigs till they fit snuggly. apply some pva to the bottom before hand to hold them.

Then, if u want a super realistic board, lightly spray the twigs from about three feet away with white spray paint, and ur done.

So how do you guys think about my idea, it overall costs only about ten dollars australian, and i sell them for fifty. they look good and are durable, whadda u guys reckon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, I tried somrthing like that but lost interest quickly. How far are you already? You have a good plan.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... you ever considered giving us a pick of the finished burrito? :rolleyes:

About the terrain... have you considered maybe making the terrain sort of patched?
    Patched as in very much snow and add maybe some small patches with green grass or barren rock?
    Even in a place like antarctica there are some barren rocks and even flowers in the summer.
    Try thinking of a table that is featured as maybe in the early spring... in the thaw.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw something similar to DragonSlayero&#39;s idea at GW HQ. They have a moderatly hilly board (the hills were made from blue insulating foam) with occasional patches of static grass matting stuck on. The whole board was the painted with white textured pain except for the static grass (although they did paint over some of the grass to help conceal the seams) and stuck a few snow covered trees into the grass. Simple, yet effective in my eyes.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me and my friend are making a board its like a meatgrinder map :w

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A meat grinder map?
    What&#39;s that like?

the idea sounds good, could you please post a pic if you have one...

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, a Meat Grinder is a huge bloody battle, so a meat grinder map... *shivers*
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah I see.... just like custers last battle and Little bighorn reinacted?

I can imagine... *shiver* :ph34r:

Although I must say it makes for a very bloody conflict if the table is modeled as I think it would be.

I mean that making a completely hvite table is just too.... well white, to flat not exciting.
    If you just add some patches of grass here and there it give a little more atmosphere to the table.

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, when there money involved i dont lose interest toop quickly. anyway, ive finished the board and its about to be picked up. i doint have a digi cam yet (buyin one soon), but it turned out well.

oh yeh, the textured spray paint i used costs seventeen dollars australian normally, i pick them up (same company and product) for two, so.

anyway, in amendment to my post, i neede five cans of textured spray, making poaint ten dollars, not much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by drozzy@Nov 5 2003, 03:34
    well, when theres money involved i dont lose interest too quickly
    I live in the U.K. and am looking for some Cityfight board about 4&#39; x 6&#39; containing a large imperial city and also some sort of woodland near one edge.

This just gives the effect that even with all the battling going on there&#39;s still some generally nice looking terrain around.

Obviously i would be willing to pay for this to be made (Cos i&#39;m sure you wouldn&#39;t do it for free even if i am only a new 40k member) and the shipping if you live abroad.

We would need to arrange something and if possible i&#39;d like to get it just after christmas. (Cos i know i&#39;m getting £100 off both my genetic and step dad&#33;&#33;&#33
    Join TSI, purge for the Emperor, the truth shall set you free.

View the rules <a href='http://portal.librarium-online.com/content/view/137/28/' target='_blank'>here</a>

Lifes a beach, until someone kicks sand in your face.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=10867&st=0' target='_blank'>My Stories&#33;</a>

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showforum=125' target='_blank'>Cityfight.</a>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast