Librarium Online Forums banner

Tau Bunker

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  faol 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an idea...

I saw a random thingy in the ground today and I had an idea for a bunker for the Tau. This bunker is deployable from the air, so a cluster could be dropped into a live battlefield to aid Tau ground forces. It would look basically like a dome with some drill-like things on the bottom for when it lands. There would be three battlesuit vents (from the back of the XV-8? Those long triangular bitz?) on the side, acting both as fins to guide the descent and as shield projectors to protect the bunker when it lands. The vent things would have the flat back part against the side of the bunker, with the wide end up.

When the bunker lands and digs into the ground, the top...about half lifts up slightly, making a slit to the interior all around the bunker except for three supports. The shield generators on the sides (the vent bitz) swing on hinges so the vents are facing up and a shield drone thingy rises up from the roof on a mount. This forms a shield matrix that protects the bunker from aerial bombardment. When Tau need to get into the bunker, the top half can be raised further and then lowered again once they are inside.

So...what do you think? I'll post a diagram in a second.

EDIT: Here it is.

See less See more
#4 ·
NICE!!!! but here is a suggestion, try to turn that little disk thingermajig at the top into a gun drone, or something, like you know stick a couple of extra puls carbines onto the side of it and make it a stationary gun drone or some extra plasma rifles from crisis suit could turn it into one of those tau forgeworld turrets, this way you got the bunker, and something to defend it just in case, just a suggestion tho

#6 ·
Built and ready

All right, the bunker is built to my slightly obsessive specifications and ready to paint, which I'll do tomorrow. (I have some figs to do first) I removed the hinged shield generators, basically because they looked really stupid. I added a chunk of the wall that rides out on extendable rails because the rules require an access point for a bunker.

The top dome is attached to the three square pillar things, but the whole apparatus lifts off of the main body to reveal the inside. There are two open crates of pulse carbines, an open crate of photon grenades, an open crate of pulse rifles, a rack with two FW backpacks and two FW helmets on metal pegs, two unopened crates of pulse rifles, an unopened crate of provisions, a pulse carbine on a stand, a control panel for the access point, a large raised sept on the floor, and a trio of pulse carbines fixed under the small dome on the top (as an automated defense).

There is room inside for ten models (even with long weapons like sniper rifles or burst cannons) to fit comfortably, the entire structure including the access point is built to 1:1 scale with the figures, and the entire piece (not counting base) is exactly 8 inches in diameter, the maximum size allowed for a bunker in the rulebook.

I'll post pics as soon as possible, along with my newly painted forces. Basically, a huge amount of pics will be posted within the next few days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. It looks really cool, too.

#15 ·
cool

Hey, I thought this thing was dead. I finished the bunker. I don't think I still have the pics, but I donated it to my local GW store. I'm sure I can get some pictures there some time soon. It looks bloody awesome. I made the top removable and it has a three-carbine turret on the top. Inside there's a bunch of crates and a few are open. There's...let's see...A three-rifle crate, a three-carbine crate, a two-FW-suit crate, a grenade crate, and an armor rack open. And a big T'au symbol raised on the center of the floor.

#19 ·
Can you write a tutorial on how you built it I would love to make something like that sounds sweeet:)

#21 ·
Cool cant wait to see and read them:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.