Removing flock from Gaming Board - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing flock from Gaming Board

Dear Librarium Online,

I am humbly requesting your help in this dire situation. A 4' by 8' gaming table fell into my hands today, and while the hills and mountains etc look wonderful, it looks as if the guy who painted it was blind...There is flock randomly strewn about the place, mountains are brown, and there are patches of dirt EVERYWHERE! I was curious to know if there is anyway to remove flock from a gaming table, any chemical, drug, or thing that is useful!

Also, as i am stripping my necrons and putting them on nice scenic, lava bases (or water - i haven't decided yet!)i was wondering if there is anything available to remove flock from plastic bases. Any help on either of these subjects would be MUCH appreciated!

Charles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The table I cannot help you with but the models I can. depending on what kind of glue he used you may be able to take a screw driver and come clippers and dig underneath the glue and pry it up in sheets. watch you finger though, trust me you will only stab yourself once.....
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear fellow gamer who gets gaming tables falling into his hands...

I must say there can be no easier matter that removing this... scrape it off!
    Get you hands on anelectric sanding machine and get cracking, of course if there is a lot of scenery on the table you should consider using some more hand powered equipment to remore flock around these pieces.

If you get your hands on some woodcrafting tools then you are well on your way.
    Of course be careful with all removal tools unless you want a table full of little dents or holes if you will.
    Just remember to paint the whole thing over when your done sanding and all things should end up nice...

Cheers from the guy in the Norwegian Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get some granite paper (which is crushed up granite) and scrub off the flock, then use glass paper and smoth out the surface.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That´s practically the same thing, maybe only with a finer finish.
    But by all means use that too, it gives a much smoother finish, but remember though, if using graphite paper and absolutely when using power tools, use a dust mask...dust has never been healthy.

But back to the topic...
    Simply "shave" off the excisting flock and put new stuff on and it should turn out ok...

+ Reply to Thread