traitor armoured company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

traitor armoured company

How would a traitor IG armoured company look? imagine tons of russes, demolishers, and exterminators covered in chaos spike sprues. the tank commanders might get a spike on their hat. I might get my hand on some of the chaos gun tips (the things that look like animal heads). To continue that theme i would get a huge head from one of the warhammer games, perhaps a dragon head, and i could put it on the tip of the battlecannon.

so what do you think?

Last edited by BFTrick; August 20th, 2005 at 08:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I rekon it sounds like a great idea. I would do it myself if I had the money to spend on all thos tanks.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I think it would look more like this:

Alot of mounted infantry, as traitors rely on numbers.

A few Tanks, but not too many, as they have no true resources at hand.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, are you talking about using the armored company rules, with chaosy looking models? i

anyway, i think those chaos gun tips, are actually built into the chaos weaponry, and they arent extra bits, but i may be wrong, also what are you going for with the armored company, do you want it to be fluffy with stormtroopers and armored fist squads in your elites choices and fast attack choices? or do you want a "real" armored company with nothing but tanks, and no infantry squads to speak of?
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Stormtroopers would be super-cool, especially if you made them up as members of the blood pact (i.e. cut the heads off Kasrkin and stick on the bestial faces from the chaos gun barrels as masks.) or some such thing.

Yes, those gun barrels are seperate components. The chaos and loyalist predators, for example, are the same thing, with different 'theming' sprues.

Traitor armies come in all shapes and sizes, so a traitor armoured company seems cool to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

rather than using dragon heads id probably use the lizardmen heads same effect just a bit more reasonable size eg;

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...058&orignav=13

and maybe for the barrel of your main commanders tank the head of the carnosaur

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...048&orignav=13
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Indeed while Chaos cultist attacks normally rely on numbers and few vehicles, an Imperial Armoured Regiment falling under the sway of Chaos and fighting under a new banner.

It would look even cooler if converted to the alliegance of a particular chaos power....any would work except Khorne (too many I want to take your skull issues).

In fact that's an idea I might steal if I ever get round to spending money on my armoured company....I might dedicate it to Nurgle or Slaneesh. Hmmm disease or sexual ecstacy......Slaneesh it is.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Armoured traitors...I've been thinking about them too for a while now. I got quite a tank heavy Lost and Damned company in the shelf andI've been longing for to make them all tanks. But the problem for me has been ( apart from the time consumed by work, school, family and Thousand sons) the obvious lack of defilers
    I love the spirit of theese huge daemonmachines so I keep on playing with my Lost and Damned as they are.
    But to make a new list for armoured traitors... Defilers as FA and maybe possessed Dreadnaughts as HQ
    Mowahahaha (evil luaghter)

Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Chaos Gods

You know, there are four Chaos Gods. Khorne, the God of Blood/War/Death/Whatever, Nurgle, the God of Disease, Slaneesh, the God of Pleasure, and ALSO Tzeentch, the God of...I believe Magic. Now, how cool would an Armored Company with lots of tanks boltered by magic and organic laser monsters and stuff be? It seems like a.) nobody ever thinks of Tzeentch and b.) Tanks + Magic = Goooood...
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For you commander, its incredibly easy to make a normal tank commander look evil. All you have to do is reposition the hands so they face upwards, file down his collar and mount the head on some green stuff facing upwards so it looks as if he's laughing maniacaly. I've done it to make a commissar so i'll see if i can get photos...

good idea by the way.
    They shall be my Imperial Guard and they shall know some fear...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast