The big green blog.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The big green blog..

Yes, you read the title. I am doing a GREENSKIN ARMY. Deal with it. :p

Now why? Well I got myself involved in a Tale of X Gamers off a painting forum, and I figured why not. So the green side of me has taken over for a while.

The rules -

I'm sure everyone knows the rules but we have a few of our own.

Each person gets a month and a half between purchases, why? Because the site is a painting forum and the longer times could mean better models. (But me being special I get three months. This is actually because I only have two weeks out of every month to paint, and they all get six weeks I'd have three. So I get three months; in total six weeks of painting. I just finish later than others.)

The starting price is £55 and every month there after it's £35, plenty to get a boxed unit and a bit extra. Pictures and models painted are required at the end of each alotted time. Oh and this is for a 2000pt army, so it's bigger than most.

I will keep everyone updated regularly with my progress, I'll also have the link to my blog in my sig so feel free to check that.

I hope everyone enjoys this, as I hope to. I'm gonna be green to the bone! But no this..

The dwarfs will always and forever be my true army!

Yes, well now onto the blog -

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kuffy/

KU

*NOTE- This is will be in two places on LO, O&G forum and here. Beacuse both are best suited for it. If I don't update one or the other.. poke me and I will *

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't you just doing that SM army? :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Yes. And? What am I not allowed to do more than one army? In fact I own three FB ones (including O&G) and a single 40k one, more maybe in the pipeline in the future. But who knows.

Thanks for ther comment though.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

KuFF you like to keep busy

I will be paying regular visits to that blog, let me tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I want to wish you good luck, Orks are sooo boring to paint in large numbers(but you might now that considering you have a O&G army)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

I also want to wish you luck.

I've just about finished my Tale of X gamers on space wolves community site. I completed 1700pts of nids. Some of the earlier pictures have been removed but the later ones are still up.

http://groups.msn.com/Spacewolves/at...lete=0&CDir=-2

I must take an overall picture of everything soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Da Mighty Camel - I don't own one yet, this is what the event is for; I'm building one.

CC - Of course, but it does mean the SMs won't be done for the meet.

Gareth - Thanks.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

oh, I thought you owned a O&G army and was starting a Space Orks army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Journal updated, it begins today!

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Well an update and pics.

Soo the start finally came and so with glee I entered my local hobby shop only to find that all my planned purcahses bar a single orc boyz boxed set was out of the question. So I returned from market with just that (I plan to get the rest of my stuff soon, this weekend if possible), after cleaning and priming I began working on the flesh. I finished the painting bar the base on Wednesday.. or was it Tuesday... :huh: well the bases were completed today. So here's a brief view of what I've done;

Ok first thing to say is... my pic editing and taking suck, no matter what tutorial I look at they always turn out odd. But meh, I'll hopefully get it right at some point.

Now the painting side, when I started this project I began to look through the O&G stuff I have lying about (re: neatly stacked) on the greenskin race. From what I've gathered they're a more nomadic, filthy and feral race. Their clothing is made from whatever animal they find and skin to wear - be it beast or human.

So with this in mind I decided I wanted my orcs to look more mundane and basic in clothing; black IMO is not a common colour for leather in the FB world so they have very little black leather. Instead of the GW black they wear browns and greys, I tried to vary these to give the unit a 'non-uniformed uniformed look' if you get my meaning. We'll see how this works out. The only problem I really have is that I'm not too sure on my browns looking all that much like leather; though I suppose I have plenty of practice

The metals i decided to try a different way, and well it didn't turn out quite as I planned. I used black and brown inks to wash my base coat then I was going to lightly apply a very watered down silver and hopefully leave the inks showing through giving an appearence of well used but unclean weaponry/armour. Instead the metal seemed to go on smoothly and cover most of it up; so I had to give a wash of black ink to dull them (not really shown on the pics).

The drums are suppose to be human/dwarven flesh and the banner isn't done yet as I don't know what to do for it. Umm.. and well they get the blue flash across the face and nice bases.

Now pics...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/613/boyzwip6bb.jpg

This one is various pics of the first five orcs in different stages of painting.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4...1strank7ex.jpg

The finished five, it appears many of the pics are smaller than I thought and loose alot of detail. Sorry about that.

In all I'm happy with the models, but they're not my best work and hopefully with practice I'll improve and they'll get better.

KU

+ Reply to Thread