Acrylic Airbrush - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone ever used one ? I can pick up the airbrush, paints, and compressed air for about $40, figured it may be worth it for a good undercoat.

You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oookay, nevermind, the price jumped quite a bit since I last looked, they were probably on sale, now at about $200... Uncool...
    You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darn....
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't airbrush ever! I feel I have more control with the red butt of a brush in my hand...
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an airbrush is a definite plus for painting, especially vehicles and terrain. However, if you ever want to do more than primer and base coats, you&#39;ll have to invest in a good brush and compressor. Probably US&#036;200-300 at the bottom end. Plenty of people will tell you that you can get into it cheaper, and you can. You could get a set up for under &#036;100, but you won&#39;t be happy with it after some practice.

Which is another aspect of an airbrush...practice. Just like painting with any other medium, you have to practice. Right off you can do great primer and basecoats, but to start doing good fades, blending, and other special effects you have to practice. Pesonally I feel an airbrush set up is a top end tool for table top gaming modelers, but worth it if you have the time and money to do it right. It will pay for itself in primer alone. If you go with a cheap setup, you&#39;ll probably just waste your money and stop using it after a couple of times. Don&#39;t buy one of the air in a can along with the brush sets.

You should look at gravity feed (little cup on top of brush) not the side or suction/bottom feed (little bottle on the bottom). Gravity feed lets you add very little paint to the brush so you don&#39;t waste a lot. The little glass bottles are cool if you have one for every paint you use, but to add paint, spray, then clean out the bottle you really waste a lot of paint and time.

You need a double action brush. Pretty much anything from a good name company, Pasche, Iwata, etc. It should paint from pencil line to about 1/2 inch. Take a look at what they recommend the brush for. Fingernails, photo retouch, and similar small detail jobs are good brushes for us.

Closed Thread