Iron Warriors Obliterator idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Iron Warriors Obliterator idea

I'm not a big fan of the Obliterator models, so I want to try and create my own. However, instead of having Terminator-type guys who can change their bodies to incorporate weapons, I was thinking of modelling some new plastic Terminators, loaded to the teeth.
    I was thinking of making my Obliterators using the base of Space Marine Terminators with Cyclone Missiles (Imperial symbols filed off, of course), with a Heavy Bolter mounted between the missile packs. A Lascannon would be mounted on one shoulder, and a Plasma Cannon on the other. I'd use a Terminator Flamer arm with a Meltagun attached for one arm, and a Chaos Power Fist with a Plasma Gun attached to the other.
    Anyways, does it sound like a good idea? Or is it unfeasable?

Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Not to be insulting or anything, but the first thought in my mind was "The Playground Argument:"

"My armour suits got missiles!"

"Yeah well mine has missiles and a big machine gun!"

"Yeah well mine's got..."

Etc.

I think that even Terminators would fall over with that much gear strapped to them.

It's feasable, I just see it looking, no offense, a bit childish.

I think a better idea would be to put some mechanical/cybernetic items on them. Iron Warriors are a bit like the Iron Hands in that they replace flesh with steel. Some Adeptus Mechanicus style mechandrites might be good, things like that.
    Last edited by Zveroboy; August 25th, 2005 at 00:34.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I thought about servo arms, but the idea of a Lascannon on the end of a spindly little servo arm looked kind of silly. But, yeah, it would look a bit...unbalanced. Maybe strapping some of the weapons to it's back, or slinging them over the shoulder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not try to work off the base obliterator model and modify that, get rid of the things that you dont like. Or if your dead set on going with the plastic termys, I would cut them in half horizontally and vertically. Then fill in about 1/2 inch to an 1 inch worth of green stuff. This will make them look like the hulking masses they should be. But it may be tough to work out that kind of green stuff work. That will make them look like they can handle the load. But I'm not exactly sure what your going for...
    Iron Warriors 9/1/0 (w/l/d)
    World Eatters 15/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Well, I don't know the rules for Obliterators (I love the models, however), but I'd say don't stick every heavy weapon onto one model. Are you making more than one of them? If so, put a couple of weapons on each one. As I said, I know nothing about the fellows, but do they really carry a plasma cannon, plasma gun, lascannon, missle launcher, heavy flamer, meltagun, and heavy bolter? If so, that's messed up. There aren't even any tanks that pack that much heat! They must really be something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    I thought about servo arms, but the idea of a Lascannon on the end of a spindly little servo arm looked kind of silly. But, yeah, it would look a bit...unbalanced. Maybe strapping some of the weapons to it's back, or slinging them over the shoulder?
    Who said it has to be a lascannon on the end of the servo arm? The entry in the last CSM Codex says that they only mimic the effect of the desired weapon. My Obliterators could shine light out their arseholes if they wanted but as long as it was S9 AP2 and acts like a Lascannon i don't care ^_^

I still think strapping weapons to them sounds silly. I can't imagine a Terminator reaching round to his back back and pulling out a couple of heavy bolters.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    Well, I don't know the rules for Obliterators (I love the models, however), but I'd say don't stick every heavy weapon onto one model. Are you making more than one of them? If so, put a couple of weapons on each one. As I said, I know nothing about the fellows, but do they really carry a plasma cannon, plasma gun, lascannon, missle launcher, heavy flamer, meltagun, and heavy bolter? If so, that's messed up. There aren't even any tanks that pack that much heat! They must really be something...
    The fluff for Obliterators is that they're a bastard combo of man, armour and dameon. So, they reshape themselves to have different weapons.

Anyways, I played around with an old scrapped Termie I had laying around, using some leftover Tau Battlesuit guns, and, yeah, it did look overloaded.

So, new-ish idea: Using Cyclone Missile Terminators with a Lascannon and an Autocannon underslung under their arms (But chopped down a bit-closer in size to the Assault Cannons), with Techmarine Servo Arms holding the smaller weapons? That, or have some of the smaller weapons-plasma gun, meltagun, ect, holstered somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    The fluff for Obliterators is that they're a bastard combo of man, armour and dameon. So, they reshape themselves to have different weapons.
    In that case, you don't need to represent every possible weapon, just the ones that are currently manifesting. If you are making more than one model you could give each one a different combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x4)

I think go with basing them on Terminators, but instead of the current idea do something closer to the old Oblit models - they were almost completely mechanical, and could rebuild their limbs/whatever to create weapons instead of what is now, ie "growing" them out of their flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I also agree with only reperesenting a few weapons at a time, as they are only manifesting the weapons they actually shoot then & there. Or if you must have every weapon visible, try "melding" some parts of other weapons onto their bodies, just the ammo case sticking out, or a barrel, you don't need the whole weapon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast