Chapter Master Tallarus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Chapter Master Tallarus

All right, after great deliberation I have decided on a plan for Brother Tallarus' custom armor. It is a blend of XV-8 and Tactical Dreadnought armor, and most of the bitz are obvious. The idea is that he sits mainly in the chest of the armor, with his lower legs extending into the upper legs of the suit. There will be cables and wire clusters extending into his head from the Terminator armor housing a la Psychic Hood which carry his muscle commands into the armor to make it work. He will be armed with a masterwork power sword called Shiva, which I will probably make special rules for, and a large rifle of some sort, which I will definitely make special rules for. Without further ado, Brother Tallarus in custom armor:

Comments please. This diagram is completely to scale, as I have most of the bitz to compare to each other and I took pains to scale the picture correctly.

Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Watch out for the fluff critics, they'll hate you. ^_^

Otherwise, WONDERFUL.

When he's done, get a picture in here! I would love to see him (and your whole army).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Fluff

Have you seen the Red Dragons post in the Army Fluff section? If not, check it out. I guarantee you'll find it interesting. I actually added some new stuff yesterday.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by neosonichdghg
    Have you seen the Red Dragons post in the Army Fluff section? If not, check it out. I guarantee you'll find it interesting. I actually added some new stuff yesterday.
    Indeed I have. I even commented on it.

Again, just watch out for those guys who are hardcore, like: "no way in <emperor> would they do that" etc. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

New Ideas

Well, I was working on it last night and I came up with some ideas on bulking out the legs some. However, I want to have the "blocky" look of the Space Marines with the "graceful" look of the Tau. There are a few people on B&C who want what is basically a Dreadnought, but Tallarus is not a lumbering sort of guy. I just can't see this guy stomping along and looking all scary at his enemies. Brother Tallarus is obsessed with Altmer's Doctrine: “Never to anger, never to haste, never to fury, forever to vengeance.� In battle, he spends however long it takes to put himself into the perfect position and then lands a killing strike, he doesn't charge in guns blazing. I am also certain I want the arms with hands, although I will make them longer.

With the feet...I'm almost certain at this point I want the Forge World Mk. IV Dreadnought feet. If you look at them, they really look like a cross between Dreadnought and XV feet and I think they'll be perfect. I may try to reproduce them, though. Forge World is really dang EXPENSIVE!

This is Shiva:

I haven't totally locked down what's going on the blade, but I did draw in the general countours. I may have hoses and cables running from the wrist of the suit to the crossguard of the sword, I haven't decided yet.

The other hand is now slated for a shield, I haven't decided rules yet.

The legs may end up being Termy legs, enlarged to an appropriate scale, or they may after all be highly modified and extended Dreadnought legs. My favorite idea is Dreadnought legs, extended, without the Dreadnought leg armor but with the XV-8 leg plating.

Anyway, keep the comments coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Please do post a picture when you're done. I love your Scouts in Specter armor and the overall creativity that is evident in your army. As Nemesis said, wonderful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Yay!

Thanks for the support. I just checked the B&C forum and all that's new there is "You know this is unfluffy, right?" I mean, how hard is it to do a search on "Tallarus" and see if maybe I've already solved that?

Sorry about that. I will certainly post pics when I'm done. First I have to get some plastic Termy parts, a Battlesuit sprue, some plasticard for Shiva, something for the shield, some Mk. IV Dreadnought feet, whatever I end up using for the lower legs, thicker plasticard to extend the arms, some more superglue because I ran out, new hobby knife blades, some shadow gray paint to highlight the black, a new fine detail brush for the designs on Shiva's blade, and I think a few more things I'm forgetting.

Basically, this is something I'm going to gather all of the best resources for so it's absolutely as good as I can make it, and that's going to take time and money. Fortunately, I have both with a little patience.

Anyway, any more suggestions for improvement? This is a one-time thing, and as I said I want to do it perfectly. Yes, I know I'm obsessive. That's just how I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Well, I've not used Plasticard myself, but can you really carve that much detail into it (regarding Shiva)? The winged skull looks especially daunting, unless you're using a plastic hilt and crosspiece with a Plasticard blade?
    Last edited by Zanzibar; August 28th, 2005 at 19:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think you could use the shield off of the Shas'o R'Myr battlesuit for the shield? Just a small suggestion, I don't know to much about these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Hilt and guard

I'm only carving the blade, like you suggested the hilt and crossguard are plastic pieces. The crossguard is the thing from the vehicle accessory sprue minus the eagle heads, and I'm making a hilt from a couple of spare bitz. I already made a prototype blade, just smaller and a little stubby. It turned out fine.

On the shield...Yeah, that would be nifty but for two things.

First, I plan to make a more Imperial-looking shield to add some much-needed "Imperial-ness" to the model.

Second, that model is waaaaay to expensive to buy just so I can hack off the shield. I about passed out when I realized I had to pay $20 for the FW feet I wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast