how do i drybrush/ dip my khorne zerkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do i drybrush/ dip my khorne zerkers

ive done all the block painting and layering

now what color do i drybrush the model and what do i dip it in to get that darkish evil look

Haruko put that thing down

"its the pirate king"
    "its,its,its atomsk"

FLCL

DARK ELDAR 1500

We are not your worst nightmare--- We are your EVERY nightmare

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ok ok,what exactly do you mean?What do you want to drybrush?The WHOLE model or just parts like his weapons?And when you say you want to dip it in your probably mean inking.You should probably give the marine either a chestnut ink,brown ink,or a black ink wash,depending on how you want the armor to look like.The chestnut will give it a redish brown colour and well the brown and black will give it the colour they are named.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

As Tycho pointed out, I dont think you mean dipping, this is generally reserved to make a tyranid look good quickly!

If you have done layering (dry blending) properly, you should not need to dry brush.

Not all painters advocate it but I commonly apply at least one thin ink wash on top of layering, this is what Tycho is talking about and I assume what you are referting to?

so what areas?

ok lets go for red (after all that is the predominant colour of Khorne. Your highlighting should be done by layering (see the attached bitmap) if that is the approach you want to take.

Afterwards take a red ink, thin it down with water and then brush it over the paint. always use too little/too weak, you can put more on but you cant take any off! and let coats dry properly between coats
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread