Librarium Online Forums banner

Black Templar Commander pics - opinions please?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Gareth 
#1 ·
#2 ·
that is very good, i like it

if you want to improve abit more, i suggest that use use the marine with the helmet because its looks better, but thats your oppinion to decide on.

also you should use a darker highleight maybe fortess grey

#4 ·
Cheers guys for the comments. Yeah he does look a bit weird... lol oh well.

One thing I would like to point out is the size you're viewing it, must be 5x actual size. Heck it looks bigger then =][= scale! So actual size blends and fine lines are a lot tighter and neater.

#5 ·
I like it a lot. My only gripe is that the left lower leg highlights seem...off. It's a little too bright, and I don't think you have painted the light effect correctly. Also, the pupil of his eye seems a little too small and cat-like. Great mini, though

#6 ·
RJSuperfreaky said:
I like it a lot. My only gripe is that the left lower leg highlights seem...off. It's a little too bright, and I don't think you have painted the light effect correctly. Also, the pupil of his eye seems a little too small and cat-like. Great mini, though

I'm seeing what you say, I think the daylight bulb I used to light the piece for photography has reflected on that leg, but it does look odd.

Yeah the eyes are fiddly and small. it'll do for now.

Cheers for the comments, most helpful mate.

#13 · (Edited)
Pierced53 said:
You have improved on the armour highlighting that you tried on the Wolf Priest's black armour posted not too long ago. Good job! :)
NO WAY.The NMM on the Rune Priests armor look WAY better IMHO.The NMM on this model looks great on the arm,but IMHO it doesnt look that good on his legs,and in fact i know im going to get flacked for this but it doesnt look good at all,but thats my opinion,if you like it thats fine.
And well on the rest of the model.Its pretty cool,i think its great.But he does look abit weird in some areas.And im really not a fan of that cloak,i think a red one would have look alot better but thats just my opinion once again.
Cheers,
Tycho

#14 ·
Tycho said:
NO WAY.The NMM on the Rune Priests armor look WAY better IMHO.The NMM on this model looks great on the arm,but IMHO it doesnt look that good on his legs,and in fact i know im going to get flacked for this but it doesnt look good at all,but thats my opinion,if you like it thats fine.
And well on the rest of the model.Its pretty cool,i think its great.But he does look abit weird in some areas.And im really not a fan of that cloak,i think a red one would have look alot better but thats just my opinion once again.
Cheers,
Tycho

I agree with you tycho, I think i've tried to hard on this one. Less is more and all that. As mentioned earlier it was a test piece, and i've learn't from it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.