WIP celestial lions marine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP celestial lions marine

Here is a WIP celestial lions marine. I plan to do a whole army of these.

What I need input on now is the gold. I wanted to get a darker gold, and I think I accomplished that. Does the gold look well done?

Last edited by Chaplain_Liturgis; September 9th, 2005 at 02:34.
    Can you guys help me out and click this link? If you click it, I get a soldier in this game I'm playing online. Can you please help me out?

Click here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that looks really nice,a whole army like that would look quite wonderful.
    Well the armor looks more like bronze to me then gold,but it looks great and i dont think it should be changed.The blacklining looks good aswell.I really look forward to seeing more pics of your army in the future.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any other ideas/thoughts?
    Last edited by Chaplain_Liturgis; September 10th, 2005 at 04:44.
    Can you guys help me out and click this link? If you click it, I get a soldier in this game I'm playing online. Can you please help me out?

Click here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could give them some sort of golden lion on their shoulder pads. if that's too difficult, maybe just do it on high ranking guys.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

"Your kid puked on me. I should get extra marks for that."
    -Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

So far what you have done looks good. The crest on the chest looks very crisp and clean and your careful blacklining really pays off. Pictures are a bit dark and the darker gold has an orange sheen to it - so I am not sure if this is just lighting or if you intentionally tinted the gold with orange. You may want to take some lighter gold and go over the tops of the raised areas - maybe even taking it a touch further and mix it with some silver. This will lead to a smoother blend of color transition (yes very possible with metallic paints as well!)

I guess better comments will come when the figure is more assembled and the full realization of your color scheme becomes available. Keep up the stellar work!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gold looks a lot more bronze or copper than gold, like Tycho said, it might just be lighting or a bad camera or something. Anyway, great job blacklining and the chest eagle is fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished result.

+ Reply to Thread