[WH40K] Ork Pile o Gunz - Part 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Near Los Angeles, CA, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

[WH40K] Ork Pile o Gunz - Part 2

Well, After getting all the paint stripped off the old models, it was time to build the gun turret which would be on top of the Pile of Gunz. So, I hacked apart a couple Razorback turrets and re-bolted them together. I chopped off some ammo strips and shoota barrels and attached them to the heavy bolters, then glued the whole mess to the floor plate from the 40k Accessories sprue. Then I gave it base coats of boltgun metal, tin bitz, some chestnut ink and a bit of mithril silver.

And, of course, I took a poor, unfortunate grot, chopped away his weapons and bent his arms forward, then drilled out holes in the tops of his hands, and painted him all up to be the gunner.

To finalize the turret I'll be bolting on a couple glyphs, a big crosshair sight, and doing up the details. I'll also model a suitably rickety-looking stool for the grot to stand on, as well as the trigger handles to the gun for his hands.

I'd love to hear opinions on how it's going so far, and hope to have part 3 ready soon!

2. Remove Advertisements

Hertfordshire, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

That looks very good indeed! A great idea, I must say. The rust effect is realistic. :cool:

+ Reply to Thread