Vampires - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampires

I want to Collect Vampire Counts but am stuck for ideas and need inspiration, can anyone help me out

It's just a flesh wound!

Arrr!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xander
    I want to Collect Vampire Counts but am stuck for ideas and need inspiration, can anyone help me out
    Well, first of all, you should find out what you like best with regards to your main theme.
    Vampire Counts generally consist out one of the following:

Von Carstein bloodline: typical Gothic vampires, think the original (black and white) Dracula.

Blood Dragon bloodline: warrior types. Come standard with heavy armour and such. Somewhat weak with magic.

Strigoi bloodline: Very feral bloodline.These are more animal than the other bloodlines.

Lahmian bloodline: All female bloodline, all temptresses and experts at seduction.

Necrach bloodline: heavy magic users, physically weak(er?)

Lastly, there's a non-vampire choice, being Necromancer.I am not completely sure on what their distinct advantage is, or their comparative advantage, but you should think of toned down Necrarchs.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire

I used the Blood Dragon Bloodline, and I used mainly heavily-converted Empire models for my army- Black Knights were Empire Knights with no heads (headless horsemen), zombies were militia/zombie hybrids, Skeleton warriors were mostly swordsmen, and my necromancer was a converted Gandalf from the Fellowship of the Ring boxed set. Apart from that, the rest of my army was standard VC stuff.

Thee Forsaken One

There is also the VonCarestin list in the SoC book as well as the Henrich Kemmler list that just came out in the WD so you're spoiled for choice.

As for what you want. If you want combat then go BD. If you want decent magic go Necrachs or Necros (Although Necrarchs will give you more of a punch in combat). If you want something more unusual then Strigoi, Lahmians and VC are a good choice.

Although I recommend the VC list from the SoC if you want to use that bloodline.

+ Reply to Thread