Questions about dipping - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about dipping

Hey everyone, I was just hoping some of you could answer a few questions I had about dipping. I plan on buying some of that stuff tommorrow and giving it a try, it sounds like a super idea for painting masses of stuff you just plain want to get done. The sticky thread doesn't have any info on it and noone reads a question thats 4 pages into it, so I made a new thread. I couldn't find this info in the other threads, so please dont rip my head off!

I was reading through the dipping instructions, and people were asking about different colors(mainly not brown) Im like "woot" go steel legion

So that went well, but I then ran into some stuff I was wondering.

Question #1: Im using non-water based paints (testors), has anyone had any problems?

Question #2: This sounds like a great method for your individual troopers, but how bout tanks? Do you just brush it on and start shaking like a mad man?

Question #3: How long do I have to "shake" the model? (more like is there a too much mark Ex: what to look for when its "enough"...and techniques etc...) And is this a "Hand shake" or a "DIE SCUMBAG DIE!!, THIS'LL TEACH YOU FOR FAILING 6 2+ ARMOUR SAVES IN A ROW!!!" shake?

Question #4: Any tips? Or stuff to avoid doing (lots of tips are in other threads, but I figured while im asking questions might as well)

Any response would be greatly appreciated, even include personal experiences with it. None of the threads had more than 2 pictures, or they were down...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

so a search before posting. This particular topic even has it's own pinned topic. this should go there.

*closed*

Closed Thread