Iron Warriors Terminator Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

44 (x2)

Iron Warriors Terminator Lord

Since a Daemon Prince isn't terribly Iron Warriors-ish, and because I'm not a fan of 200+ point HQs, I decided that my Iron Warriors army would be lead by a Lord in Terminator Armour.
    However, I'm not exactly a fan of Chaos Terminator armour, and the Space Marine Terminator Armour isn't much better. Plus, the SM ones required a lot of converting to pass as a Lord, while the Chaos ones were a bit too chaotic for the look I was going for (I'm going for more of a renegade SM feel then a Chaos feel with my IWs). However, I love the Grey Knight Terminators, plus, a Psycannon was pretty close to how I imagined a Kai Gun. Plus, they work similar (Psycannon-psysically charged bolter, Kai Gun=psysically hate-fueled bolter)
    So, here he is:

IMG tags removed due to size of pic. Please don't post pics like that, use a url instead. - KU

He's armed with a Power Sword and Kai Gun. I used Defiler heads and a lot of careful exacto knife and dremel work to get off all the blatantly Inquisitorial stuff. I was originally going to scrap the project because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the tome on his hip, but then realized that there was nothing saying that Chaos Lords didn't carry around tomes. So, I doused it in enough Elf Flesh and Flesh Wash to make it look like it was bound in flesh, and it actually fits quite well!
    One thing you'll notice is a complete lack of IW black-and-yellow chevrons. I personally find them quite ugly on everything except for bolters and the odd highlight on tanks, so I just used a tarnished silver and gold look on him, with red on the sword and the shoulderpad horns.

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; September 21st, 2005 at 16:14.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

+ Reply to Thread