post your conversion ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post your conversion ideas

welcome. i would like everyone to post their ideas for tyranids if possible or if need be...any other army. (im sure other people would like to see different armies.) anyway...i have two ideas so far. one is a hive tyrant with a venom cannon that actually has a CANNON...i havnt finished it yet but i drew a sketch. (note the big thing on the back is the cannon and isnt quite finished.) and the second pic is a conversion i would call a ripperfex. i wouldnt be able to do this but you could get a carni, but a blob of putty where the head goes, and sculpt it to look like a giant mouth with the new ravaner arms for scything talons.
    anyway, post your ideas. thanks!

<('')> <(''<) (>'')> ^('')v v('')^ v('')v ^('')^ dancing kirby

to heck with you! think about the poor monkeys who have to work at a hundred type writers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

A generic "post conversion ideas" sort of thread is really a bit pointless. This coming from a half-insane conversion addict.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've seen posts like this a few times before, but I love to talk conversion so here goes.

www.hirstarts.com fills all my need for chaos or imperial buildings, bunkers and such.

I make good use of Tyranid digestion pools in my games. Take a sheet of foam board and cut holes and ditches in it. Glue it to your board or a piece of masonite. Cover the whole thing with a layer of wood glue (spread it with your finger). Add flock to the areas around the pool or pools. Then paint it all. Once the paint dries at some water effects to the painted pools. Any kind of clear gloss will make good water effects. Add some bloody soldier bits to the edges. End.

If you play Tyranids a good Kill Team board for your buddies is an infested mine. I work at a place where we use big blocks of styrofoam (3x2x1'). I take four of these and glue them together so I have a giant block that is 6x4x2'. That is six feet long, four feet tall, and 2 feet wide. Using a very sharp knife and a hacksaw blade I cut the mine shafts down the side of the block. Flock it up, paint it up, and add some kind of mine entrance to the top shaft. Now your buddies can fight your nid brutes by going down through your tunnels instead of across a board. I also added some little battery powered lights in the tunnels so we can play in the dark. Very, very cool.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

A simple conversion idea to change a DE Wyche into a Harlequin - green = green stuff, red = cut off, plus I'd shave a few more spikey bits off, and use more/less green stuff where needbe:

I'd also use different hands/weapons and bend the models a bit to make them a bit different, so I don't have identical models running around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

I once came up with an idea for a space marines chapter with a knightly theme:

Take the biker marines, adjust the legs slightly, and place them on bretonnian pegasi. Give them spears or lances of sorts, and voila; a squad of knightly assult marines are born
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Angel
    I once came up with an idea for a space marines chapter with a knightly theme:

Take the biker marines, adjust the legs slightly, and place them on bretonnian pegasi. Give them spears or lances of sorts, and voila; a squad of knightly assult marines are born

lollypops!
    that sounds kool lol (i get marines and bretonnia) 0o0o0o the marines could pray
    at the start of the turn and all get an invunerable or ward or whateva
    Last edited by Brother Kegzarbig; September 26th, 2005 at 17:18. Reason: i stuffed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

special rules

But if he just counts them as bikes he can use them in normal games.
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carnifex conversion

Here is my idea of a good carnifex conversion.

First Of All Im Not Buying A $45 Modle And Not Getting All The Use That I Can Out Of It. The Only Way I Could Do This Can Be Summed Up In One Word "magnets". The Heart And Soul Of Every Tyranid Army Is Its Ability To Mutate And Change According To What/who They Are Fighting. I Was Looking For A Way To Change My Carni And Persionalise It For Every Battle. I Stumbled On To A Web Site Called Amazingmagnets.com. I Purchased Some Small Rare Earth Magnets And Bam!!! The Amazing Mutating Carnifex Was Born.

The Only Plastic Parts I Glued Togeather Are The Legs Body And Tail. Here Is The Way I Attached The Magnets To The Carni. First I Took A Drill Bit That Was Sized To The Magnet. I Drilled In To The Plastic Just Enough So The Magnet Was Partly Sticking Out. Then Using Green Stuff I Attached The Other Magnet To The Scything Talon, Venom Cannon, Ect.(drilling In To The Apendage Did Not Work Well). Magnetizing The Tail Weeapon Was More Difficult, What I Did Was Drilled A Whole Into The Bottom Of The End Of The Tail And Using Super Glue To Set The Magnet. Once The Glue Dried I Covered Up The Whole With The Magnet In It With Green Stuff. Doing It This Way Makes Sure I Did Not Damage The Tail (just In Case I Didn't Want To Use A Tail Weapon). Puting The Magnet Into The Tail Weapon Its Self I Just Drilled And Glued.

+ Reply to Thread