Photography - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i didnt kno where i shud put this but i guess since the majority of pics go here it wud b a gud place. I recently bought a sony cybershot 3.2 mega pixel 3 times optical zoom. does anyone hav any suggestions how to get good close ups with it, i have a tripod and numerus mirrors and halogen lamps. some pics wud be nice or detail;s, i9ve found the macro settings and close ups but i dont think i have enough light sources?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... what little I know about photography I will tell you.
    Be sure to put the miniature you're gonna photograph on a suitable surface with no background interference. Preferably a white white background, not stark white but with a slight grey tint to it, stark white will tend to "steal" colour from the miniature.

Always use the tripod, (this I learned by myself :rolleyes: ) keep the camera some 28 inches or further away from the mini. If the camera has special features for taking photos closer than 28 inches please feel free to use it.
    Zoom good onto the mini so that you have maybe have one half the minis height and width with white on all sides.
    Try using inderect light sources, maybe using the flash directed towards the roof or something.
    Direct light will make the picture look shiny and will tend to steal colour or make the mini look more white.

Hope this helps, also there should be an article on this subject somewhere in the article archive of this page...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread