Metal Shed/Building - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metal Shed/Building

Okay, so I was making a shed type building made from cardboard. I removed the outer layer of corrigated cardboard so it would look like that metal thats wavy. Don't know what its called.

I need your help. How will I paint it? I can't use GW paints, it would cost too much. I want paint that looks mettallic. Where could I find that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy,Ibram.WalMart sells a silver metallic paint that drybrushes on very nicely for a metallic look.Give it a wash with a reddish brown paint or ink and it'll look weathered as well.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Before you start to paint it though, you should really give it a layer of watered down PVA-glue to prevent it from "sucking" to much paint. The rough surface of the carbord is so absorbent (is that a word?) and the paint could turn out very un-even, and the surface-structure of the cardboard could also "mutate" if not delt with.

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by IbramGaunt
    Okay, so I was making a shed type building made from cardboard. I removed the outer layer of corrigated cardboard so it would look like that metal thats wavy. Don't know what its called.

I need your help. How will I paint it? I can't use GW paints, it would cost too much. I want paint that looks mettallic. Where could I find that?
    Lol...

It's called... believe it or not.... Corrogated Iron sheeting.

How to paint it.... well I once covered and Ork camp (from Gorka Morka) in the stuff... I painted it black then gave it a very liberal drybrush of Boltgun metal.

I left it at that, but it can be made rusty by adding a brownish red wash or highlighted using chainmail.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this may sound silly, but is there anything wrong with using Poster Paint for painting scenery, then using GW paints? I was going to cover the thing with black poster paint first, then drybrush with GW paints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by IbramGaunt
    Now this may sound silly, but is there anything wrong with using Poster Paint for painting scenery, then using GW paints? I was going to cover the thing with black poster paint first, then drybrush with GW paints.
    Nothing at all wrong with it

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread