REpainting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REpainting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REpainting

well i have some men that are painted horribly...... i painted them like at least 2-3 times if i prime it and repaint it would it some how screw up my men.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Rib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first thing you're gunna have to do is strip the models, i knnow from experience that a previously painted model can't be painted over neatly, please someone prove me wrong!!

the problem is that if they have been re-painted 2-3 times, then you prolly have about 6 layers of paint on there already, not to mention the 4 layers of primer when you do your new job. this will eventually lead you having a blob on a base, the coats will be so thick that there will not be any detail left. as previously mentioned, strip b4 repainting, there is a thread about it at the top of the painting forum, "sticky: stripping"

~Cheers
    Rib
    ~Rib
    FOR THE EMPORER!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal methods of paint stripping removes detail on plastic, however, I was told by my friend, dodo129, that there is some stuff which strips paint and doesn't remove detail. It is called 'green' and the some other word. You should PM him and ask him what the stuff is called.
    If your done first, you're the winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

There is a sticky thread at the top that discusses all manners of removing paint from both plastic and metal figures. I would start there first.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now know that the stuff I mentioned is called 'simple green'.
    If your done first, you're the winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For removing paint try Dranzers method which i think is leave them in paint thiner for a few hours and then brush them with a tooth brush works every time.
    To do the bidding of the god of decay death and corruption is to be rid of all things that makes you weak only in return for the control of your soul!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

1. Scrub with brush a little so to damage the surface of paint in some places
    2. Dip in an alcohol-based solvent for a few hours (three will do right)
    3. Scrub with brush until clean.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I have (some) models that I've repainted a couple of times without any problems. It all depends on how thick the previous layers are. If you use thick paint, like straight from the pot then it's an absolute NO on repainting without stripping, but if you use watered down paints in thin layers, then it could be OK.
    If you are using thick paint, then I would like to inform you that the thinner the paint the better do the details show, and the easier the painting will become.

+ Reply to Thread